Episode Five: Dark

Start from the beginning

Sam walked into Jeckles holding a pistol at the man's head, with the man trembling and tearing up.

"Please," The man begged, causing Sam to softened his gaze with pity. "Please, don't do this! I have a family...I need to take care of them...Please, just give me a chance to make it up to you--"

Jeckles pulled the trigger and ended the man's life, causing Sam's heart to sink. But he hardened his gaze to make it appear that he had no emotions to Jeckles. Jeckles chuckled while putting his pistol away.

"Sam, you're just the person I needed," Jeckles ignited the conversation.

Sam glanced back over at the dead man. "What's going on over here?"

"Idiots not doing their job. However, his family will be off the list soon enough. So...since this idiot won't do this assignment because it's too 'complicated', I trust you to this assignment."

"Anything for the brunkels."

Jeckles smirked at Sam's response. "I like your enthusiasm, I Am. Which is why you will be going to Glurfsburg."

"Glurfsburg?"

"Yes, to the Glurfsburg zoo specifically...you must collect one of the rarest animals in the whole wide world."

"You want me to capture an animal?"

Sam had a small weakness for animals but maybe it will be something worth his while as long as he doesn't get to kill it.

Jeckles nodded his head. "Yes. There's a collector who is willing to pay double the brunkels you received on a daily basis."

"Alright. What animal am I looking for and who am I selling it too?"

Jeckles widened his smirk. "Straight to the point? The collector's name is Mr. Snerz and the animal you will be collecting for him is a rare species called a Chickeraffe."

"Interesting."

"You will go to Glurfsburg and make your way towards Meepville. Don't let those...what do you call 'em? The B.A.D.G.U.Y.S. catch you."

"I won't. Consider the job done."

"I will believe it when I hear Snerz's satisfaction. You got it?"

"Got it."

"Good. Now, go, you got a train to catch," Jeckles informed as he tossed Sam a train ticket to him.

Sam nodded in understanding while about to strode off to exit the lair.

"Sam."

Sam turned around to face Jeckles.

Jeckles curved up a smirk. "Have a travel buddy with you."

"Why?"

"Well...that way you can use him to your own advantage--get your buddy to trust you and they will do whatever you tell them to...but whatever you do...don't get close with them...you know what will happen--."

"I understand, boss. I won't let them get close."

"Good."

Sam exited out of the lair, leaving Jeckles alone down there with a hooded man standing beside him from the shadow.

"Watch him for me, will you? He never has a partner in crime. Make sure he's doing his job," Jeckles instructed the figure. The figure nodded and followed Sam without being noticed.

~.~

Present:

Sam woke up to the smell of green eggs and ham. He snapped his eyes open with pure excitement but was quickly surprised by the surroundings he was in now. He knew he traveled throughout the foggy desert to find Guy or Michellee...or even E.B, but he never knew it would come to him passing out in the middle of the desert from exhaustion. Wait, was he dead? Sam checked his pulse and looked around the dark isolated bedroom. It reminded him back when he's an orphan...how much he spent in the cold room alone, awaiting his mother's return but he knew she couldn't come to him.