All was good until his final year in primary school.

"Why do you think the chicken cross the road?", Jin questioned as he was hanging out with his friends.

"I don't know. Why?"

"It's because-" Jin started, until he was interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing.

Sliding his phone out of his pocket, he answered, "Hello?"

"Is this Kim Seokjin?"

"Um yes.", Jin replied starting to get worried.

"Ah Seokjin, I am calling to inform you that your parents her in the hospital right now."

"Wha-" Jin fell into shock as his grip on his phone loosened causing it to drop to the ground with a thump.

Without thinking twice and ignoring all the confused shouts from his friends, he sprinted as fast as he could to the hospital. Praying to God that they were alright.

~

"Why...Why... Don't go please.", Jin choked out as the tears continuously streamed down his face.

"I'm sorry baby. Always remember that both of us love you very much."

~

Following his parent's death. Jin was placed under the care of his aunt. Since Jin is still not of age he couldn't or isn't eligible to claim any of the things that were left behind by his parents. To which they were all taken by his aunt. All except one.

-

Age: 14

Jin lived a good life. Or maybe not so much of a good life. It really depends on how you view a good life.
If it meant having food, water, shelter, and education then yes Jin led a good and wonderful life.

Jin didn't suffer any kind of beatings or physical attack from his aunt. No really. He was pretty much unscathed, externally that is.

Jin was fine. As fine as it can be from the outside; his shiny black hair, strong white teeth, a healthy-looking skin tone, and a fit body.

But what lies beneath is something so raw, so precious that if you were to touch it, it would break. Even the gentlest of contact would cause it to shatter into a million pieces. And these pieces would just be blown away by the tiniest of breath leaving behind a defenseless baby or worse, nothing will be left at all.

He could hide everything behind is proud peacock-like act. He looked confident, unwavering, strong and capable. But hidden beneath that macho egoistic exterior was Jin. The real him.

His self-confidence was slowly chipped away piece by piece, day by day and eventually years after years by the one and only closest kin he had. His aunt.

Not only did she take everything that he ever had, but she'd also even steal away the only thing he had left. His real self.
She had caused him to hide deeper and deeper and sooner or later he would disappear.

Jin never knew why his aunt seemed to hate him so much. She was his father's sister for god's sake. They were essentially family so why bring him down like this?