Let Lose

Adrianna Diaz

"I know! We should go out!" Merle stood up from the bed with her hands on her hips.

Stacey, who was our other bestfriend and I looked at her.
"I think that's a great idea! We won't be young forever! We should go out and enjoy!" I said almost too enthusiastically and the three of us looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

The Rooftop Bar. It was the best spot in LA to party. Merle, Stacey and I were out jumping and dancing our hearts out to the beat on the dancefloor which was a good idea at first but not when you've had 6 shots of vodka.

I left the dance floor for the ladies' room. On my way there, I didn't notice the floor was wet from a spilled drink causing to me slip and shut my eyes but thankfully a pair of strong hands caught me before I hit the floor.

"Woah there." I heard him say.

I opened my eyes. "N-Noah!" I stood up. "I should've been more careful! I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry about it." he smiled at me. I noticed he was holding his left hand at an angle.

"Did I do that?" I pointed at it.

"Just caught you at the wrong angle. It's no biggie."

"No, we'll fix that up." I lead Noah to our booth and asked the staff for some cold compress. "You shouldn't treat this as a 'no biggie' it could get worse, you know." I told him as I carefully held his hand and put the ice pack on his wrist gently.

Noah intertwined his fingers with mine and I find myself blushing. A part of me was saying it didn't feel right. My mind goes to Michael and what could he be doing now. He must be with his first love again. I probably should stop thinking about him. We were divorced after all. Why don't I just let lose?

The dj then started playing a slow song and the violet lights turned to blue. Noah tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear with his right hand and lifts my chin. He was looking at me deep in the eyes. "You wanna dance with me?" he smiles and looks down on my lips.

I gave him a nod and we walked to the dance floor. He put my arms around his neck and he put his on my hips. "You're really beautiful." he whispers and I couldn't help but giggle at his compliment.

*

Michael Jackson

I sat across Tatum, just admiring her beauty. She was glowing in the light that the candles cast upon the room. I took her to my condominium in Lindley Avenue for a special dinner I prepared myself with the help of my brother Randy and he acted as our waiter tonight too.

"So, what do you want?" I ask her and she laughs looking at the menu which I had printed out. There was chicken alfredo, tuna tartar, eggs and bacon, sushi, and pizza bagels. I made sure that the food we prepared were ones she liked.

"I'll have the chicken alfredo." She looks at Randy trying not to laugh even harder than she already was. "What would you recommend, actually?"

"Oh, the chicken alfredo is a good choice. But, it's kinda expensive." Randy says in a fake british accent.

"Listen here sir, I have a lot of money. Like a lot lot lot of money. So why don't you give us what the lady wants?" I played along and Randy went to get us our chicken alfredo's.

Tatum was my first love and I couldn't believe she's with me having dinner. To a guy, his first love stays in his memories for a lifetime. It's not that I'm seeing her or having an affair with her. She just stays there. I held my chest. She makes my heart beat faster.

After dinner, we went to the upstairs balcony to admire the stars and Randy played his sax. He was really playing the role. I held my hand out to Tatum and asked her if she wanted to dance with me. Luckily, she said yes.

I closed my eyes as Tatum rested her head on my chest.

"How do you know who's your first love?" Adrianna chewed on her popcorn.

"It's the first person that made you tremble just by seeing them and made your heart flutter just by thinking about them." I answer her.

"That's a one-sided love, not a first love." Adrianna laughs and throws a popcorn on my face.

I snickerd.

"What's funny?" Tatum lifts her head to look at me.

"N-nothing." I smiled.

As ardent as my definition of first love sounds, it was very ambigious.

I drove Tatum home in Bel-Air. The same neighborhood Adrianna lives in. It was past 12 already as we completely lost track of tine which meant we surely enjoyed each other's company.

"Good job, Mike." I told myself on my drive back out of the private neighborhood.

I decided to slow down as I neared Adrianna's house and see a BMW pull up. A wavy brown haired boy got down and jogged to open the door on the passenger's side. Adrianna steps down and stumbles on the man's arms. Is she drunk? My grip on the steering wheel tightened as I watch the man walk her to the front door. They talked a bit more before he goes back to his car and drives off.

Who was that?