Chapter Thirty Two

Blaine's POV

We lay in Xavier's bed in silence, neither of us wanting to break the little bubble that had formed around us since we first lay down. I still felt awful about how I had reacted to him calling me by his sisters name, but we had cleared the air and things no long felt uncomfortable or awkward between us.

I was currently lying on Xaviers chest with his arms wrapped securely around me. It was as if he didn't want to let go in fear that I would disappear, just like his family. Just like my family. We were both so broken in our own way, yet with each other at our sides we were slowly but surely starting to heal.

"Xavier?" I whispered into the darkness of the room, looking up at him slightly even though I couldn't see anything.

"If you apologise to me one more time I'm seriously going to tickle you to death" he chuckled as he shifted his arm to my rib cage slightly. I knew he wouldn't because I was still slightly tender there but it didn't stop me from twitching ever so slightly at the threat.

"No" I laughed as I settled back down on his chest. "I wanted to ask you about something, about something to do with our mate bond" I muttered quietly. It was a conversation that had popped up more and more in my head over the last few days and I knew that eventually it would have to be addressed. I could not ignore it any longer.

"What about it?" Xavier asked. He tried to sound casual, but I could still hear the slight edge that was making its way into his voice.

"Well I was just wondering... I mean I just wanted to make sure that you knew about..." I stuttered but thankfully Xavier helped me out.

"Yeah I know" he interrupted me, "I've known since the day that I shifted" he explained. "My mum had a load of these really old books and I always found myself reading them when I was younger. For some reason I found them so fascinating, all about the wolf's history and what we can do" he shrugged. "I came across a particular entry when I was reading up on mate bonds, it pretty much explained everything for me".

I nodded as I listened to him. If I was being honest I was a little envious of his knowledge of our bond so early on. Being a rogue I didn't have access to all the fancy old pack books dating back to god knows when, I had to find out through word of mouth. "I found out about a year or two after I shifted. I couldn't understand why I was craving contact so much with another wolf, I mean my older brother never felt like that when he had shifted so I just thought I was being a wimp about not having my mate, you, by my side" I explained with a sigh.

"Just because I knew why I was feeling the way I did doesn't mean it was any easier" He shrugged. "I had to watch so many people find their mates before me, it made me angry that I didn't have mine".

"Bet you had the shock of your life when I suddenly turned up" I chuckled.

He laughed along with me as I felt him nod his head. "Yeah you were a surprise, to be honest I thought you were some form of cruel joke the Goddess played on me. After hunting down and killing so many rouges for what happened to my family I was suddenly stuck with one".

"Stuck with me hu?" I teased him as I poked his side slightly.

"You know what I mean, seeing as we couldn't reject each other because of the type of bond we shared, I had two options. I either had to get over myself and my hatred for rogues or live the rest of my life mateless" he shrugged. "I'm glad I chose the first option" he whispered as he looked down at me.

I smiled slightly into the darkness at his confession, "I'm glad I got over myself too" I nodded. "I had sworn from a very young age, all three of us siblings had, that we would never get involved with a pack. After hearing about my parents past and having to live with the consequences I had vowed never to put myself through that. If our mate was pack we said we could do one of two things, we would either leave them forever or welcome our mate into the life of a rogue" I explained.