Chapter Thirty Three

We both drifted off to sleep shortly after we had finished marking each other, it always took a lot out of our body and mind to form a bond and so it was always expected to pass out right after the marking had been completed.

All I knew was that I slept with the biggest grin on my face.

Xavier's POV

When I woke up the next morning Blaine was nowhere in sight. I panicked for a second, thinking that maybe we had gone to far last night and that she had left me, but when I heard pots and pans clattering downstairs I relaxed. She was just downstairs, cooking herself some food.

I lay in bed for a moment longer, just enjoying the feeling of finally being whole. I had felt like something was missing from my soul since I was sixteen, but right now in this moment, I felt complete.

I smiled as I reached up and felt the four scarred over puncture wounds that now sat proudly on my skin. That girl sure did have a bite on her. It was a known fact that the more powerful the wolf was the more obvious the bite would be, and I knew that with the size of her canines there was no doubt that my mark would be impossible to miss.

The sizing of the bite was more of a genetic thing than a Moon Goddess thing. The bite shows other rival wolves just how powerful their mates are, the bigger the mark the more stupid it would be to cross a line with their mate.

After going to the bathroom and staring at myself for a good five minutes in the mirror with a huge grin on my face, I decided to finally go downstairs and give my mate a hand with breakfast. I still couldn't wrap my head around it, she was my mate, mine and no one else's.

When I walked into the kitchen I couldn't help but laugh. Blaine was still in her pajamas from last night and was dancing around to some song that was playing on the radio. She hadn't seen me yet as her back was to me so I just leant on the door frame and watched her as she swayed her hips from side to side. God she was gorgeous, she had her crazy hair in a knot on top of her head but it still didn't stop the odd loose lock from escaping and bouncing around her face every time she moved.

"I didn't know you were a dancer" I chucked, finally announcing my presence to her.

A little scream escaped her lips as she stop stirring the frying pan she had in front of her, her hand now resting on her chest. "Jesus Xavier, what are you a ninja?"

I laughed harder at her shocked expression before making my way over to her and pulling her in for a hug. "Nope not a ninja, just really sneaky" I replied as I kissed her cheek, silently feeling chuffed at the scars and bruising dotting up and down her neck and shoulders. I really had got her good. "Whats for breakfast?"

"Umm... well I'm having scrambled eggs on toast, don't know what you're having though" she laughed, flashing me a cheeky grin.

I acted hurt as I clutched my chest as if I was in pain, "my own mate didn't cook extra for me?"

She played along for a second, acting as if she didn't care, but after a few seconds she rolled her eyes and turned back to her still cooking eggs. "Relax I cooked some for you too" she smiled as she turned the gas off "don't get too used to this though, I'm not the type of mate that'll cook all your meals and wait on you hand and foot" she commented.

I smiled at the back of her head before pulling her into a hug, her back to my front. "I wouldn't have it any other way" I whispered as I kissed down her neck, sucking slightly on her mark. This is what marking did to wolves, it made them euphoric. After the bond is completed the brain releases a massive dose of chemicals that makes you the happiest you've ever been. It's addictive and just makes you want to experience it more and more.