Chapter Twenty Eight

Blaines POV

My heart rate increased as my palms started to sweat, panic filling my body with adrenaline causing my body to uncontrollably shake. The heart monitor next to me was screaming, telling the nurses outside that something was wrong but I paid little attention to it. That man knew my family, knew where they were, and I knew for a fact that he wasn't good news.

"Blaine? Blaine sweetheart can you hear me?" A female voice asked. I didn't answer her though as I stared off into the distance, my vision blurring as I began to hyperventilate and become light headed.

I felt someone squeeze my hand and I instantly started to relax at the feeling of tingles that began running up and down my arm. Xavier as here, he was next to me and trying to comfort me. I didn't want to worry him anymore than he already had, not after everything he had been through, so I focused on his hand, just his hand as it gripped onto mine as if I was suddenly going to disappear.

My heart started to calm down as I breathed shaky breaths, trying to get as much oxygen into my lungs as I possibly could.

"Blaine are you alright?" Xavier asked as he came and sat beside me on my bed, trying to get as close to me as he possibly could without accidently knocking me and dislodging a wire.

I nodded my head but otherwise didn't say anything, not trusting my voice after the mild panic attack I'd just had.

"Blaine sweetheart" the female voice spoke up again and I looked over to see a middle aged woman leaning over the equipment on the left hand side of the bed. "Are you in any pain at all? Do you need me to increase your pain medication?" The woman asked as she continued to fiddle with the buttons on the machine whilst looking over at me with kind, motherlike eyes.

I cleared my throat before shaking my head, the last thing I wanted was more medication. I needed to have a clear head if I was going to be able to think over this recent development with my family.

She smiled kindly at me before nodding her head, "okay dear but if at anypoint you need me just press the call button by your right arm and I'll be right in" she informed me before she made her leave.

We sat in silence for a while as I calmed myself down and caught my breath. I think Xavier felt guilty about what just happened but he couldn't be further from the truth. Xavier had managed to help me get the first real clue I'd had on my family's whereabouts in over a year. Yes it sucked to have a panic attack but I was still thankful.

"Xavier" I tried my voice as I looked over at him, his sad eyes looking into mine with regret.

"I'm so sorry Blaine, you are in no fit state to be doing anything right now and I was so focused on getting my revenge for you that I didn't take into consideration your reaction".

I shook my head as I smiled at him, hoping the little gesture would calm him in some way. "Xavier I don't know who that man was, but I do remember what he said to me right before I passed out. He knows my family and most likely where they are. This is my first real lead in so long and I couldn't of remembered it without you giving me a little push in the right direction, so thank you" I explained as I squeezed his hand.

"Your family?" Xavier questioned, suddenly straightening up at my comment.

"He said he'd say hi to them for me" I whispered as I looked down at our joined hands, feeling a wave of nausea hit me at the thought of them being anywhere near that man.

"Are you sure he isn't just messing with you?" He asked, looking uncomfortable at saying it.

I sighed as I thought about it before shaking my head, "no he knows, I feel it in my gut that he knows were they are and my gut is never wrong" I muttered as I fiddled with Xaviers fingers.