thirteen

A week later, the Carter's took weary strides into Maria's therapeutic space

A week later, the Carter's took weary strides into Maria's therapeutic space. Beyoncé spoke briefly to Shawn beforehand about what to expect during a normal therapy session and told him that if at any moment he felt anxious or too overwhelmed, they would leave immediately.

"Still feeling woozy from the medicine?" Beyoncé asked, being that before therapy, Shawn had a scheduled MRI of brain to determine if any more swelling had gone down to possibly improve his memory.

"A lil' bit, but, I'm more nervous about this session." He mumbled the last past as they stood side by side in the elevator.

"I know .. it's going to be just fine. Right, Si? Tell daddy it will be oookay!" Beyoncé cooed to their now bubbly 5 month old. Her presence was Shawn's request, since he felt that she was another person besides his wife that comforted him. Beyoncé briefly pulled back the wrap just a tad to showcase more of her face, and in return she gave her parent's a cheeky smile.

A moment after, the elevator came to a stop and they walked in silence toward the office door. When they walked in, Lauren awaited them with a tight smile. "Hi Mr. & Mrs. Carter! Mrs. Perez is ready for you. Would you like a drink before getting settled?"

"A water will do." Beyoncé spoke for the both of them. Once Lauren stepped aside, Maria opened the door and smiled once she saw them.

"Hello, hello!" She said joyously, "I'm Maria Perez, it's nice to finally meet you Mr. Carter!"

Shawn gripped her hand tightly as they shook, "Nice to meet you as well."

"Beyoncé my dear, how are you?" Maria spoke while simultaneously wrapping Beyoncé and Sienna up in a loving hug.

"Alive!" She said half jokingly; the other half of her was constantly a nervous wreck even though Shawn had been doing his best lately.

"Good. We'll talk later." Maria said quietly to her only. Afterwards, she escorted both of them into her office and allowed them to get comfortable on the sofa before she began their session.

"Aren't you just the cutest thing!" Maria spazzed once Sienna make her debut from beneath the warm wrap. She admired the baby who was a perfect mixture of her mom and dad as she was dressed comfortably in pink striped zipper onesie and a ivory colored double pom-pom beanie hat.

"I think she looks more like Bey everyday. When she was first born, we were a striking resemblance." Carter said aloud as if his thoughts were making him talk randomly.

Maria took a quick glance at Beyoncé who held a shock expression, and decided to continue the conversation to work his memory some more. "Interesting for you to say. What was it like the day that she was born, Shawn?"

He stood quiet for a while before responding, "Like magic. I remember feeling so overwhelmed with love cause she was finally here. I think she wasn't suppose to come so suddenly, but, Bey was under some stress and her water broke unexpectedly."