five

Guest crowded the D

Guest crowded the D.C home of Beyoncé and Shawn Carter to celebrate the welcoming of Baby Sienna Marie. With the help of Nicole and a personal party planner, the baby shower that Beyoncé had envision came to life; everything was pretty in pink and elegant to fit the arrival of her growing princess.  Now eight months pregnant, Beyoncé was ready to pop at any moment. Her ability to walk far distance decreased while breathing and hormonal problems increased. When she broke to both families, they were so excited that the couple was expecting and ever since, have pressured Beyoncé for updates and ultrasound photos.

With the little strength she has left, Beyoncé journeyed downstairs to join the others.

"Woah, why didn't you tell me you were coming down?" the very protective Shawn asked as he watched his wife on the steps.

Beyoncé rolled her eyes; she was starting to become fed up with his cautious ways and wanted nothing more than to give birth so this all could cease. "Do I have to call you for everything!?" She sneered

Shawn immediately felt offended and shook his head before walking away. He was trying his hardest to ease Beyoncé's uncomfortableness, but nothing he did worked.

"If you don't go apologize to that man!" Nicole scolded as she watched the encounter from the other side of the room.

"Nicole, not now." said Beyoncé once she reached the last time.

"Look at you, so mean and miserable.. now smile!" Beyoncé stood in front of the white wall and took the picture in hopes Nicole would leave her alone.

 now smile!" Beyoncé stood in front of the white wall and took the picture in hopes Nicole would leave her alone

"Are we done here? I'm starving.."

"Yes, your highness. Food is in the dining room, but first say hello to your guest!" Nicole exclaimed before walking away with Beyoncé on her tail. When they entered the room, everyone welcomed Beyoncé with a big cheer. Although she was not in the best of moods, she smiled and waved anyway. She spotted Shawn at the food table and walked over.

"Hey," she called out "I'm sorry about snapping at you earlier, it's just-" Shawn shut her up with a kiss.

"Don't apologize. You're carrying my child, you have every right to be as cranky or happy as you want to be."

His statement caused tears to fill her eyelids and Shawn laughed once he noticed; this pregnancy had made her so emotional. "I love you," she mumbled against his lips before giving them a kiss. Shawn had made her a plate before escorting her to her table. Once she was finished, the shower became more fun as guest indulged in various games and good dessert.

"She's already so spoiled," Beyoncé commented as her and Shawn sat in Sienna's nursery and sorted through the gifts she received.

"I know.. it's crazy. I swear she's set for a lifetime." Him and Beyoncé shared a laugh and continued to organize the gifts. Midway through, Shawn received a phone call.

"Yo," he answered

"Man, I gotta tell you something big." said his friend who was a marine as well. Shawn stood up and took the phone call outside of the room.

"Wassup?"

"General is calling for an emergency meeting tomorrow, rumor has it deployment is happening."

"Already!?" Shawn was definitely baffled by this news. His generals were aware that he had a child on the way, but if they needed him, his family could not save him from leaving.

"Same shit I said. I thought I'd just give you heads up, so you can tell Beyoncé just so she's aware."

"Right. Thanks for looking out." He ended the call and retreated back into the nursery.

"Who was that?" Beyoncé questioned

"Terrance. He uh.. he gave me some news."

"News about what?" Beyoncé folded the last onesie and gave Shawn her undivided attention.

"There's a major meeting tomorrow at the base. And, rumor has it that it's about deployment." Shawn answered, hesitant about how Beyoncé would take the news.

"..Do you know if you're going?" She said quietly.

"I don't know, babe.." Shawn sighed, "All we can do right now is pray for a miracle."

***

That miracle never followed through. Shawn was set to be deployed to his base in Afghanistan on May 16th, just shy a week from Sienna's birthdate. As much as he pleaded with his generals, nothing could be done. Once he broke the news to Beyoncé, his heart shattered in a million pieces as he watched her sob loudly on the coach while repeatedly saying that was not happening; her husband was leaving her to welcome a newborn alone.

"Baby, I wish there was something I could do .." Shawn pleaded to Beyoncé as the two laid in bed.

"..I know you can't." She sighed, "This is just too much." Her voice cracked and she began to cry yet again while Shawn cradled her in his arms. Once he finally got her to sleep, he left their bedroom and went downstairs to watch television since he could not sleep himself.

"Shawn!" Beyoncé screamed from upstairs. Immediately, he sprinted up to steps to see his wife soaked and water still trickling down her leg. "We have to go to the hospital.."

**not originally how I had this planned out, but I thought I'll delay the sadness a bit longer  🙃

Please comment, vote, and leave me some feedback!
Much love, Rae 🌸