ten

Shawn looked in awe as he held his daughter; she was the first he asked for when he and Beyoncé returned home from the hospital

Shawn looked in awe as he held his daughter; she was the first he asked for when he and Beyoncé returned home from the hospital. "She's so tiny.." he mumbled to himself, before placing a small kiss on her forehead. As he studied Sienna's features, he could easily tell the striking resemblance and was proud of himself for remembering her beautiful name.

"Are you happy to be home, Shawn?" The lady he was informed of as his mother, questioned.

Shawn nodded his head, "I am." Although he had no recollection of where he was before the hospital, he felt a peace in the home of his wife. He placed his attention back on Sienna and witnessed her face scrunch before she began to cry. "Uh-I.. Beyoncé!" He called out. He felt his mind go blank and the sound of her cries block his focus; he could not remember what to do in a situation like this. To him, it felt like an eternity before Beyoncé had arrived. She gently cradled Sienna in her arms and sat next to Shawn on the couch. "Please tell me I didn't hurt her.." He said quietly.

After Beyoncé got Sienna situated on her breast, she let out a sigh before responding, "No. She just startled you, that's all."

"W-what does that cry mean?" Shawn asked curiously; his statement caused a slight chuckle from Beyoncé.

"I honestly don't know. But if she does cry, she's either hungry, in need of a diaper change, or just wants some attention. .. I'm new to this mom life, don't judge me." She said jokingly. When she noticed the frown on Shawn's face, her laughter ceased. "Shawn, please don't feel bad about this-"

"I had no idea what to do." Shawn responded somberly.

"And that's fine, Shawn. You're new to this just as I am."

"But at least you remember everything." His statement had left her speechless. Everyone in the room fell silent and Shawn began to feel trapped. "Why don't you all just stop staring at me like I'm some weirdo or something!? I'm not fucking disabled!" He spoke to everyone but his wife and child.

"Shawn please just calm down." Beyoncé interrupted. "Please.." She watched the tenseness left his body and he sat back down next to her on the couch. Thankfully, Sienna was now fast to sleep. "Do you want to place her in her bassinet?" Beyoncé offered. Shawn nodded his head yes, and opened his arms to retrieve her. Next, he followed behind Beyoncé upstairs to Sienna's nursery and placed her gently inside of her bed.

"Beyoncé, I'm sorry about that outburst I had down there." Shawn mumbled

"It's okay, baby... just know, you're doing really well as a father; I'm proud of you." He allowed her to place a kiss on his lips, then watched as she departed the room and headed back downstairs.

"I think it's best if you all just leave." Beyoncé announced to everyone. "It's obvious he's not comfortable with anyone at the moment, but, maybe if one of you came over each day and, basically do what I did in the hospital for three weeks, he'll began to warm up to you. Please just be patient with him."