X

Abdul POV

Tonight was the big game. The Marigold Hawks verses the Magnolia Eagles. I only took a few appointments today because I didn't want to be later meeting up with the fellas to head over to M.U. Stadium. One thing I loved just as much as some good ass and food was college football. It always seemed to be way more competitive than professional football. Tonight was a rival game and the tension was high. Every year we play against Marigold and every game was intense.

Every game, was always about the bragging rights of which school team was better. Known for being the top two schools in our conference and the top schools in our division. For the last three years, Magnolia has ended up playing Marigolds twice. One during the regular season and the other for the championship. Each time The Nolia Eagles came out the winner.

"Aye ABDUL! WE OVER HERE!!" I heard my name shouted over the crowd of people pouring into the stadium.

Looking to my right, looking down to the front I spotted Jerrmane and the guys. Like always we were on the front row getting as close to the team as we could.

"Bout damn time nigga what took you so long?" Trent asked as we dapped each other up.

"Many did y'all see the traffic in that parking lot. Boy everybody and they damn mama up in this bitch." I said.

"Did you see Jeffery yet?" Jerrmane asked.

"I was trying to catch him before the game but I couldn't. I'm just gonna catch him round halftime." I said looking around at the team to see if I could spot him.

Finally after we stood for the national anthem the game had started. I spotted Jeffery on the field by his number. He was the running back. One of the best at M.U. Boy had lighting for feet. As soon as the ball touched his hands he was up the field. It was hard for the boys to catch him sometimes but playing against Marigolds, this was really tight.

Jeffery would get the yards but they wasn't giving him much room to get as much. Marigolds brought their A-game tonight. It was just the first half and we already had three players pulled out due to injury.

"MAN COME ON THATS A FUCKING LIE! HOLDING? NIGGA WHERE?!" I yelled.

We was nearing halftime and the score so far was Magnolia leading with twenty-four points and Marigolds with eighteen points. The game was getting good even though it was just the first half. Every time the referee would call a flag on M.U. we all would jump up yelling louder than the couch.

"Aye I will be right back watch my spot." I told Trent as I hopped up and headed up to the restroom. Luckily the bathrooms were clear.

I wanted to be the first to drain my pipes before halftime hit. One thing I hated about these games were the long bathroom lines.

"Ok...but Elliott are you coming to the after game party at The Nolia Lounge?" I over heard Elliott names called as I was washing my hands.

Quickly drying them I rushed out the restroom to spit Elliott with his friend from the party. Just like the last time he was looking good as hell. Thinking about the bet I had made with Jerrmane, it was the perfect time for me to move in on him.

"Well hey there." I said bing pass them and then acting shock to see him.

"Oh hey...umm I'm sorry your___."

"Abdul, you know Jeffery's uncle." I said giving him a friendly hug.

"Oh my smoking buddy from the party! How you again I'm Milon." He said giving me a hug.

"Yea...yea so y'all here for the game too?" I asked making small talk.

"Oh yes we are! You know we to support our friends." Elliott said giving me a smile showing his purely whites.