Chapter 23

His fingers stretched to touch each other on both sides of my neck.

I started to struggle for air but I didn't show that I was slowly dying. I didn't show the weakness oxygen brought to me.

"If you would just listen to me for one fucking second then maybe I could explain." He aggressively whispered before releasing my neck. My face burned red and my neck still felt the essence of his hands crawling underneath my skin.

I could have attempted to call for Eric, but I didn't. Why? I don't know.

"I came to your house to find you and your brother saw me and tried to kill me. Just because I'm not human, doesn't mean I can't die-"

"Doesn't mean you can kill the only person left who loved me." I interrupted.

"I love you."

"You think I'm stupid don't you? The only love you know is the fake one of a gold digger."

"What?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." I walked out the room.

I begun to scream Eric's name repeatedly.

"Angel what's wrong?" He asked pulling me to him from behind.

"Derek choked me." I cried showing Eric the red finger lines on my neck.

Eric grew extremely angry and I grew extremely happy.

Eric stormed off leaving me in the hall by myself. I didn't follow him but I could hear every word from where I stood.

The sound of glass shattering against the smooth dark wooden floors of Noah's house.

"Lay another finger on her and I'll slit your throat like you did Cameron. I'll be karma." Eric aggressively spoke. He came out into the hallway seconds later but before I knew it my brain was doing fortes in my head.

"Angel?" Eric's voice echoed in my hindbrain.

"I- don't feel so good." I remember saying before passing out cold, shattering like the glass.

It seemed like the vomit woke me up. Luckily, there was a trash can right next to me that I almost missed. I was alone. Something I didn't wanna be. Not at that moment. It was very quiet and the door was opened ever so slightly letting in a sliver of light.

I touched my stomach and my thoughts began to play a mind movie for me. The movie started with me giving birth to the baby I believed to be a serpent. And when I looked at the baby there were two endings. I gave the baby to Derek and whatever happened after that was beyond me, or I kept the baby.

The baby had nothing to do with why I was like that. Why I was so stressed and why I was in a bad place in life. Why should I let the human growing inside of me suffer for the man whom shares the same blood as it?

I wondered, why did I believe you to be a serpent? You may bond me and Derek in some way but you are no serpent. You're my baby.

What Derek said about how one look can have you in a trance, I started to reword it. One touch can have you in a trance.