Chapter 11

She braided my hair back into two braids like my mom always did. My hair is short though so the braids didn't go pass my shoulders. I watched as she walked in front of me and look at my hair.

"So you and Derek are a thing?" She asked.

"No. I'm not even sure what he wants from me. I'm basically alone so I feel like I don't have a choice in anything." I answered.

"Why do you feel alone. My mother is dead, my brother is dead, and I don't even know who my father is."

"I'm so sorry." I could hear the sadness in her tone, but I don't like pity.

"What's under you eye patch?" She asked. I was hesitant but still lifted it up to reveal the black stitches on my left eye. Ace's face morphed into something I couldn't describe.

"Alright. Let's not waste anymore time. I wanna get you out and back before Derek gets home so you won't get into trouble." She grabbed my hand and lead me to the stairs.

"I was meaning to ask you. How'd you get in here? Don't you need a key?" I looked up at her.

"Yeah but lucky me, I can teleport anywhere with anyone or anything I touch." She spoke before telling me to close my eyes. I did as she told me and a large gust of wind almost stole my eye patch. The vampire world was that of insipience to me.

I was told I could open my eyes and to my surprise we weren't outside the cave, we were in a mansion. The glass stairs were a story high to a second level. The stairs met at a marble platform before parting both ways to the second floor. The marble floor had a single line of red carpet from the door, all the way up the stairs. Gold accents laced the glass railings and a glimmering glass chandelier hung from a single glass rope.

"W-Where are we?" I looked over to see Ace absent from my side.

"Well isn't it a pleasure seeing you again? Angelica Winter Lawson..."