Chapter 21

When I was allowed to snap back into reality I was back in Eric's room.

"Angel. Killing him isn't gonna make you happy. You'll only be living with his blood on your hands. You can't just wash that shit off." Eric said to me. His tone serious, his hands on my arms. He sat on the bed with me standing in front of him, Geo in the doorway.

"His blood won't be on my hands if I kill him in a way his blood doesn't touch m-"

"That's enough babe." His eyes narrowed.

"We are going to get through this. Trust and believe me when I say we are." Silence filled the room as I hesitated to say what I wanted to say.

"I'll never get through this." My words were lifeless. Breathless. Shallow. Cold.

"Geo. Go back and check on Derek, make sure he's okay." I heard Geo's footsteps exit the room, closing the door behind himself.

"It's been a little over a month and you've been stressing the whole time. That's not good for you, or the baby."

"I don't care about the damn baby. All it is is another blood sucking demon."

"So am I. Yet you still love me. How is that?" Eric asked.

"Because you aren't like the rest. You care about who I am more than my blood type."

"But I used Duchess to get you here. I manipulated you. Yet you aren't mad anymore."

"You didn't kill my brother. You didn't lie to me. You didn't drink my blood to keep track of where I am at all times. You-" I felt the acid people blowing bubbles in my stomach. Eric grabbed the trash and sat me down before I could throw up on him or the floor.

"You gave my life meaning." I weeped. Eric rubbed my back as I threw up everything. All the stress, all the hatred, all the frustration, all the depression, and all the suicidal thoughts.

"It's okay baby." He brushed my hair to the side, kissing my exposed shoulder. A flood of relief filled the mote 5 feet away from my castle doors.