Chapter 14

It had been a month since I left Derek and came to Eric. I had spent that whole morning throwing up and feeling hot to the touch.

"You hungry?" Duchess asked me.

"Yes." I muttered from Eric's bed trying to keep the bag of ice on my head.

"You need a fan in here...and some air freshener." Were her last words before leaving me alone in Eric's silent dark room.

I laid in my own thoughts as they scampered around his bed. I tried to pick them up and put them back in my head but they dodged all my attempts.

The sound of the door creaking open didn't phase me.

"You okay?" Eric asked looking at my stomach.

"Yeah." I responded.

Eric sat next to me and placed his hand on my stomach. Seconds after, I placed my hand on top of his hand.

"It worries me." I said.

"I know. No 17 year old should be forced to deal with such a big responsibility at such a young age."

"You won't abandon me, right?" I looked into his eyes.

"No. Of course not. I couldn't abandon the girl I love."

In that moment my heart sunk. Over the month I'd been there I'd been bonding with Eric and he never once made it clear to having feelings for me. I didn't know how to feel though. I was still hung up on Derek, but he was nothing but a murderous monster, so I had to move on.

"I love you too."

Good thing I had a nice rebound.