Chapter Sixty-Eight

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT

AYA

I was sort of nervous for this party. It was only going to be party. That's what Serina said, but the Sciusians had a way of adding in surprises at the last moment. A stylist for both the boys and girls had come in to dress us for the party, if we hadn't found what we wanted to wear at the store. If it was only a party, why did we need a stylist?

The stylist rolled into a rack full of elegant dresses of varying colors. I knew Lake would hate this. She wanted to wear what she wanted to no matter the occasion. Rayne was also a little rebellious with clothing style. I, on the other hand, welcomed the opportunity to wear a fancy dress. Plus, I had a hard time locating one I liked at the store.

"Who wants to go first?" The stylist asked.

As excited as I was, I couldn't volunteer to go first. The stylist scanned the girls.

"No one I see. So, I guess I'm going to have to pick," she said. The stylist pointed to Lake. "You with the blue hair. Come here."

Lake rolled her eyes and stepped forward.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to give you something that goes against your style," she tried to reassure lake. "I can tell you want something sassy – something with attitude."

The stylist sorted through the cart of dresses, until she pulled out one that had a dress bag over it. "Go try this one on and if you don't like it, we'll find you something else."

Lake walked back to her room with the dress in her hand. Next, it was my turn, both Issa and Rayne opted out. Lake seemed okay with the stylist's choice for her.

Ten minutes later, after going through several choices, the stylist finally seemed confident in her decision. She made me try on the dress and show it to her. Once I had changed, she made a few alterations and then I was good to go.

That night, Lake offered to do my hair, but Serina also hired several hair stylists to come in and help us with our hair and make-up if we need it. Of course, Lake wasn't going to allow anyone to come near her hair or face. She would do that herself, but for me it was kind of nice. I had never really been good at dressing up.

I let Lake do my hair though. She was really good at it. I usually just kept it naturally wavy, but she thought some curls would do my hair some good. After she fixed my hair, both of us changed into our dresses.

Rayne told us she didn't want to go. I think it was because she felt left out. Lake had promised Soren a dance, and I had promised Brennan a dance. Plus, Trevor was Wren. We tried to reassure her, that she was going to have a great time.

When it was time to leave for the party, I sat on the couch nervously. What if they didn't like my dress or I looked stupid? I know those were silly things to worry about, but of course I worried about everything.

"You look great," Lake said with a smile.

I glanced at her. She was wearing a black layered lace gown. It fit her styles perfectly and her blonde hair with blue tips was straightened down to her shoulders.

"Thanks, you too." I nodded.

When we arrived, we were the first ones there. Lake and I sat outside the ballroom until the others showed up. It would be too awkward to go in alone. I heard Brennan's voice down the hall, then he walked up to us.

"Hey guys," he said waving.

I moved a stray piece of my dark hair that was invading my vision and sorted it behind my ear. I couldn't believe how handsome he looked in his burgundy suit.

"Wow. You clean up nicely." He gently kissed me on the cheek.

"You're not too bad yourself." I smiled.

"That was intense, huh? These last few weeks?" He smiled, his eyes were gleaming under the light.

I nodded. "I'm so exhausted."

Rayne came up to us next followed by Soren, Ace, and Issa. Trevor and Wren were behind them.

"Can you believe they made me wear this?" Rayne whined about her red gown.

"You picked it out," Lake said.

"Yeah because we had no choice, I wish this was a casual party," she whined.

"Be quiet. You look gorgeous," Lake told her.

"You do look pretty," I said.