Chapter Thirty-Five

Author's Note: 

For those of you who personally messaged me, thank you very much for looking out for my well-being. For the past months, I have been battling with a depression, but I am better now. Thank you for those readers who are still here looking forward to this story and welcome to the new readers. I am very grateful and read all your comments and feedback. Hopefully I would get to hear more from all of you. 

Unedited 

Robb give her one of his dashing smile before the elevator door shut with Katelyn's disapproval expression still linger in the air.

Katelyn can play hard-to-get all she wants, but last night was a big step for them. She's beginning to be more open to him. She just need that extra push to finally be with him.

"Robb?" His mother calls him. He turns around to find her standing by the way to the kitchen, crossing her arms. "You got some explaining to do, young man."

"Yes, mum." He nods as he walks towards the couch and sits. Then gestures for his mother to sit, and she follows.

Immediately as she sits, she asks, "You're here with Kristine's sister. Did you know about Henry's girlfriend?"

"Not until after he passed," he replies lowly, not even looking at his mother.

The topic of Henry and Kristine is all he heard these days. Now it is haunting him, day and night.

Before, he thought that by keeping Henry's name alive will bring guilt and torment to Kristine. He never expected it to backfire at him. Now he wanted more anything to forget those names.

But it won't go away.

"It is something your brother would do." Lizzy smiles, bitterly as she remembers something about Henry. "That stubborn boy, " she chuckles sadly then scoot in closer and ask him, "Is that the reason why you're getting to know them, both Kristine and Katelyn?"

Robb clear his throat, trying to hide his distain and guilt for the other Hawthorne twin. "Mum... I don't know if you know, but Kristine is dead. She committed suicide two months ago."

"Dear, God," Lizzy startles, her hand clutches over her heart and her face horrified. "I just talked with her. I can't believe it."

She talked with Kristine? How does she know about her?

He hadn't told anyone, but Elias and Lenny when he found out that Henry had a secret girlfriend, who was the reason to his own demise.

"When did you talked with Kristine?" he asks.

She shrugs, wondering her eyes away. "I assumed a little after..." she trails off, not able to contain her shock. "Goodness, I can't believe it."

Robb stays quiet as his mother trying to gather her thoughts. It's almost a familiar sight when watching his mother shocked and sadden face; Just like Katelyn, except the sobbing and grief driven her into madness.

"Robb?" Lizzy scoot even closer this time towards him. "How did you came to know about Kristine?"

Normally when the mere mention of that name makes him angry, but not today. When the name comes out from his own mother's mouth, it pains him even more. If his mother knows all his wrongdoings, she will never forgive him. But if he kept it from her, when she does found out eventually, she might even cut off with him.

Slowly, Robb exhales then look to his mother's gleaming blue eyes. His breaths shaken, "Mum, I got something to confess to you."

"Confess?" Lizzy frowns.