Chapter Eighteen

*Soren*

We spent weeks trying to find Ryder's soulmate to no avail. She was no where to be found and unfortunately for us, things got worse, since we ran into Eris on our latest day of searching.

"Come to terrorize Moonshell some more, Eris?" I asked.

"That's an added bonus, Soren," Eris smirked, "I've come here to introduce you all to my new ally."

There was a burst of red flames and we all gasped as we saw who stepped out of the fire. He was dressed head to toe in armour and held a sword and shield. There was a furious inferno burning in his eyes. I cursed under my breath, we should have prepared for this. We knew that he'd come here eventually to make good on his threat.

If anything happens to either of them, I will make sure that you suffer. If you harm either of them, you'll face me. Do you understand that?

And we had understood, but we had been forced to kill Enyo in order to level the playing field. So much for that. There was no way this playing field was going to be level now. Not if Ares had decided to side with Eris to get back at us for killing Enyo.

"Ares," Arrow greeted him, "I see you've chosen a side."

"The wrong one," Ryder added.

"I sided with Eris because I made a promise to you all," Ares replied, "I said that if you hurt Eris or Enyo, I would make you suffer. And soon after I find out that you killed Enyo. So you can understand why I'm upset."

"We do, but you have to understand that we had no choice," Arrow told him, "Enyo had been terrorizing Moonshell and murdering humans. Her actions demanded retribution."

Ares growled angrily. He claimed he loved Enyo. Then again, Ares often claimed to have loved a lot of women. Ares was as promiscuous as his Father had been. He saw women as pretty little objects that he could use for his pleasure. He had done that with the embodiment of Love and Beauty herself. Aphrodite had been so afraid when she had told us about it and I could tell that part of her still feared Ares. And I didn't blame her. Ares was volatile and unpredictable. I'd die before I let him near Rosalie.

"Retribution? If her actions demanded retribution, then yours certainly do," Ares growled.

"What are you going to do Ares?" Arrow asked, "You may be the God of War, but you're not an Olympian anymore. You can't stand up to all of us."

"I can and I will, but I only want the ones who killed her," Ares replied, "I'm here for the two demigods."

Arrow and I growled angrily and protectively as our hands glowed black and our eyes darkened. We were furious with Ares for threatening our soulmates.

"You won't lay a hand on them while we're around," Arrow vowed.

"On the contrary, I will make them suffer," Ares vowed, "I will stain my sword with their blood."

Our eyes grew darker and the shadows around us began whispering furiously as they swirled around our feet.

"Come and face me demigods!" Ares challenged, "Come and face your fate!"

"You dare speak of fate in front of those who weave it?!" I growled, my voice dripping with anger. I wasn't one to lose my temper, but Ares had pushed me over the edge. Rosalie was my soulmate and I was extremely protective of her. She was my anchor and my saviour. I wasn't going to let anything happen to her and if that meant beating Ares to a pulp, so be it.