Chapter Eleven

*Soren*

I found myself standing in a clearing. In front of me was Eris and around me were my brothers, Nemesis, Clarissa, and Rosalie. Eris was furious. I was a little confused. Eris was alone. Where was Enyo? Was she hiding in the bushes, waiting to attack us?

"You did this," she growled, "You're responsible for this! So now you'll pay the price!" Eris lunged at us and that's when I woke up.

I sat up abruptly and felt my heart pounding in my chest

I sat up abruptly and felt my heart pounding in my chest. I rubbed my temples as I tried to calm down. I should have been used to this by now. Seeing the future in my dreams was normal for me. But this felt different. It felt right. It felt like I had seen what I was supposed to see. And I hadn't felt that way in centuries. Maybe being around Rosalie was helping to ease the effects of the curse.

But if that was the case, then what was that vision. What had happened prior to that. Eris had been angrier than usual, that was for sure. But why? What had happened? Had we done something? Had Enyo done something? Where had she been?

I didn't have any answers and that unsettled me.

The wind howled and forced the window open. And as I got up to close it, I heard his voice.

"Soren, come outside, my son," he whispered in darkness. I knew exactly who it was. Erebus, the God of Darkness. My Father. He wanted to see me. I got up and threw on a shirt and some shoes before walking outside.

The cool night air washed over me as I entered the woods. I walked into a clearing and breathed in the crisp air. It made me feel alive. The shadows around me began to whisper.

Daughters of Melinoe, Hecate, Hermes, and Acheron will be born
And they will rise up in the middle of a strife filled storm.
Born from the blood of the Underworld, they will grow.
And eventually they will set the Four Fates' hearts aglow.
Their sole purpose is to ease the pain of the Four Fates.
They must do this before it's too late.

Eris will only be defeated
When the wounds of the Four Fates have been treated.
Beware the Fated Four, oh Goddess of Strife
For they alone are the keys to ending your eternal life.
Together with the Four Fates they will stand
And then they will defeat you hand in hand.

"I assume you understand what that means now," I heard him say. Then he stepped out of the darkness. Erebus, the God of Darkness in all his glory. My Father.

"Yes," I admitted, "We won't be able to defeat Eris until all of our soulmates have bound themselves to us and healed us."

"Then you understand what you have to do, don't you?" Father asked.