Chapter Eight

*Rosalie*

Over the next couple of weeks, I fell into a routine at the lake house. Wake up, eat breakfast, get ready, then get outside for training. Training usually involved working on my powers with Soren or combat practice with Ryder. And while Soren was really sweet with me, Ryder was just brutal. I swore that I left his training session with more bruises each time.

But finally it was the weekend and I entered the living area to find Nemesis sitting on the couch.

"Hey Rose," she greeted me.

"Hey Nemesis," I replied.

"So tonight's the party," she told me. Right, the party on Olympus. I had forgotten about that. "Are you going to go?" she asked.

"I don't know," I admitted, "I mean, I wasn't invited."

"Please," Nemesis scoffed, "You don't need an invitation. You're one of the Fated Four."

"I guess," I replied, "I'm just not sure if I should go."

"We're all going," Nemesis told me.

"Even Soren?" I asked.

Nemesis smiled knowingly.

"Yes, even Soren," she replied.

My heart pounded. Should I go to Olympus with the Fates, Clarissa, and Nemesis? A vision of Soren's gorgeous dark blue eyes flashed through my mind and I wondered why he was going. It didn't seem like he liked to party. So then why was he going?

"What's the party for?" I asked, curiously. There had to be a reason for the party.

"It's a celebration for the anniversary of the day the Olympians defeated the Titans," Nemesis replied.

I nodded in understanding.

"So, are you going to go?" Nemesis asked.

I felt something for Soren. There was something there. His mysterious aura had drawn me in and his beautiful soul had made me stay. He was perfect. Handsome. A warrior. Good at magic even. Part of me was pretty sure I'd fallen for him, but I questioned if he felt something for me. And a large part of me severely doubted that he did.

But somewhere...deep down...I had hope. I had hope that he felt the same. I knew I had to tell him how I felt. I had to know if he felt the same and something inside me was telling me that I had to do that tonight.

"I'll go," I agreed. Nemesis smiled.

"Good," she replied, "You'll need a dress. I've got one you can borrow if you want."

"Thanks Nemesis," I told her. She was being incredibly kind to me. I didn't have any idea what to wear to Olympus, so having someone who had been there and knew what was expected was extremely helpful.

Nemesis led me to her room and began rifling through her closet. After a few minutes, she pulled out a beautiful purple dress.

"This would look fabulous on you," she told me. I took the dress and went into the bathroom. I closed the door and put on the dress. It was beautiful and I was surprised that Nemesis had chosen it. I never thought that the Goddess of Retribution cared about style. I always thought that was Aphrodite's thing. But I guess I was wrong.

The dress itself was purple and long. It had a fitted bodice and then flowed down to my feet, almost like a waterfall. I felt beautiful in this dress. It hugged my curves and made me feel beautiful. There were jewelled embellishments around my waist and they sparkled in the light, making the dress look even more amazing than it already was.