Chapter Two

It took a few moments for that to sink in and even then I couldn't believe it.

"I'm sorry, can you say that again?" I asked.

"I'm your Mother, Rosalie," she told me, "You're my daughter."

I shook my head.

"My Mom is Diana Chase," I replied. But as I said it, I realized that Diana was the Roman name for Hecate. "Oh my God," I gasped.

"You believe me, that's good," Hecate told me. She touched my cheek. "You look so beautiful," she told me, "You've grown into such a strong young woman."

"You left me and Dad," I told her.

"I know," she replied, "But I had to."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I had to help maintain order in the Underworld," she replied, "I never meant to hurt you or your Father, but I had to return to the Underworld."

"Why are you here?" I asked, curiously.

"I had to see you," she told me, "Melinoe told me that you've been hanging around the Mortanes and Clarissa lately."

"Yeah," I replied.

"They aren't human, Rosalie," Hecate told me.

"I know," I replied.

"You do?" Hecate asked.

"They just revealed themselves to me," I explained.

"Then you need to go back," Hecate told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Your fate is connected to them," Hecate told me, "You're meant to help them defeat their sister, Eris."

"Eris?" I asked.

"Yes," Hecate replied, "She's been terrorizing the human world for quite some time now."

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked, "I'm just a human."

"Oh Rosalie, you are so much more than that," Hecate told me, "You're my daughter and that makes you a demigod."

"Does Dad know about any of this?" I asked, "Does he know about you?"

"He does," Hecate replied.

"And what does he think?" I asked. She sighed.

"He wasn't pleased with me at first for keeping it from him, but he eventually understood why I did," Hecate replied.

"So he knew and he didn't tell me?" I asked.

"I begged him not to," she replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I didn't want you to have to deal with any of this until you were ready," Hecate admitted.

"And you think I'm ready now?" I asked.