71

"Alright

"Alright. Let's try this once again." Rachel said as everyone got back into their groups. "Caleb, why don't you and Muriel step in? Here we go!"

Ellis grabbed Charlie's hand.

"Go! One, two, three, four and five, six, seven, eight! Other way! And two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight! And set and set, turn with both hands and set! And set and turn, turn, turn! Reels of three! Three, two, and left shoulder. Left shoulder. Ha-ha! Very good. And all three lines reform!"

Ellis couldn't take her eyes off of Gilbert, who was mainly focusing on Anne.

"Here we go! And together, two, three, four, and away Very good. And sweep through, raised arms, to form another set."

Ellis tripped over her own two feet and stumbled forward. Gilbert noticed, grabbed her hand and twirled her around and grabbed her waist to steady her. Ellis huffed and went back to dancing.

"Here we go! And one and two and three and four, five, six, seven. Other way! One, two, three, four, five, six, and here we go. Well done, well done!" Rachel praised everyone.

Gilbert waited for Ellis in the cloak room, like he usually did. Ellis scoffed once she saw him. She grabbed her things and stormed out of the door.

"Ellis! Wait!" Gilbert ran after the girl. "What's wrong with you?"

"You're just a big show off aren't you? Oh look at me Mr Gilbert Blythe. I can dance with Anne Shirley Cuthbert and be all smiley about it. And then when Ellis falls I can catch her and spin her into my arms." Ellis rambled angrily, turning to face him.

Gilbert had a smug smile on his face,

"Are you jealous Ellie?"

Ellis angrily chuckled.

"You are unbelievable." She threw her arms up and stormed off.

~

"If I...If I feel something for a girl, does that mean she's the one that I should marry?" Gilbert questioned Bash.

Bash chuckled and Scratched his head.

"Uh not necessarily, Blythe. Attraction, yes it's important. But love that's what truly matters. And love is bigger than those feelings you're talking about. Does that make sense?"

"I think so." Gilbert answered. He was so conflicted on what he should do with Winifred and Ellis.

"Mind telling me who this girl is?" Bash questioned, although he suspected that it was Ellis.

"Oh I mind." Gilbert chuckled as he started to cut some carrots.

"You sure?" Bash questioned teasingly.

"Yep."

"How about now?" Bash said feeding Delphine.

"Nope."

"You can tell her. She won't talk." Bash motioned to Delphine with a chuckle. Gilbert shook his head and laughed at the man.