53

Ellis walked into the Blythe house to be greeted by Mary cooking on the stove

"Morning Ellis." Mary said with a smile.

"Morning Mary, Delphine." Ellis said as she looked at the baby who was wrapped in a shawl that was attached to Mary.

"Have you eaten this morning?" Mary questioned. Mary asked the same question every single morning, she knew James and Carter we're both useless at cooking.

"I have Mary." Ellis nodded as Gilbert and Bash walked in.

"In the nick of time, fire is almost out." Mary said without even looking at the pair. "Bring that straight here, Sebastian, unless you want your eggs raw."

Gilbert walked straight over to Ellis and placed a light kiss on her head.

"Good morning." He smiled down to her. Mary glanced over to the pair with a small smirk.

"Morning." She blushed.

"Ah, shades of our seafaring life, Bash? 'Feed the lady, Trinidad!' Remember that?" Gilbert questioned with a chuckle as Mary handed him his food.

"Been hoping to forget." Bash said before turning to Delphine. "How are you this morning my pretty, pretty, pretty girl? How's every little thingy wingy?" Mary unwrapped the shawl as Bash held Delphine. "There she is. There's daddy's itty bitty pretty baby boo-boo-boo."

Ellis smiled as she watched Bash with Delphine.

"Brekky-wekky time for Gilby-goo." Ellis laughed at the nick name Bash had just given Gilbert.

"May I?" Ellis said motioning you Delphine. Bash smiled and nodded. Ellis took Delphine into her arms and smiled. "Hey Deli." She said as she gently rocked the baby. Ellis has taken a liking to caring for the new born baby.

Gilbert couldn't help but crack a smile at the sight. He placed his plate in the sink and went over to Ellis. He stood beside her and looked down at Delphine. His arms snaked around her waist and he placed a gentle kiss on Ellis cheek. This was all that he wanted.

A family.

"Have a good day Delphine." Gilbert said kissing Delphine's head lightly. He looked up to Bash. "Bash, maybe you should try speaking English to her. Maybe some day she'll actually learn."

Ellis handed Bash Delphine after placing a kiss on her forehead. Gilbert smiled and shared a look with Mary and Ellis before he and Ellis left for school.