44

Ellis sat at her usual seat waiting for Miss Stacy to arrive

Ellis sat at her usual seat waiting for Miss Stacy to arrive. Carter had walked Ellis and Gilbert to school today because he was on his way to see Cole.

Miss Stacy walked in the classroom, slowly. She felt so guilty for what she did to Cole.

When he ran out, so did another boy. She wasn't sure who he was either. But with the panicked expression on his face it seemed as if he cared for Cole a great deal.

"Miss Stacy? Everything alright?" Gilbert questioned standing up. Miss Stacy nodded and locked herself in the supply closet.

Cole ran in and pushed Billy to the ground. Carter ran in not even seconds later. Carter had seen what Billy had done to Coles hide out while the others were at school.

"Carter?" Ellis stood up shocked and confused at to why her brother was at school.

Carter grabbed Cole off of Billy and punched him straight in the jaw, it made an audible crack and he groaned in pain. Billy with a sudden strength managed to push Carter over, taking a superior stance over him before proceeding to throw a punch towards his jaw.

Ellis was aggrieved, boiled to the brim with anger.

Nobody was to touch her brother.

She didn't know what came over her but with a strength she didn't even know she had in her, she dragged Billy off of Carter and pinned him against the wall. Gilbert watched, frozen, he had never seen her so angry.

"I'm not afraid to hit a girl." Billy stated as she held him with her forearm barricading him to the wall.

The small girl was definitely a lot stronger than she looked.

Billy pushed her back onto the floor with an angered growl. Infuriated at her own weakness, she swung her legs around and tripped him up.

Her brothers had taught her how to fight, she'd just never really gotten round to using it.

One of Billy's boys tried to pull Ellis back so that Billy could hit her again. She found it almost funny that it was just her against a large group of testosterone.

Gilbert pushed the boy back and wrapped his arms around Ellis' small waist, in an attempt to pull her back.

Aggravated Ellis had one last chance to prove her worth so she pushed Billy back once more before letting Gilbert pull her away.

She snapped out of her anger to hear Billy screaming in agony. She had pushed him back so far that he had burnt his ear on the fire burner.

Prissy and Jane ran towards their brother, panicked.

Ellis' eyes widened but she didn't feel guilty. He shouldn't have touched her brother. Her family was the most important thing to her.

Miss Stacy walked out of the supply closet and was in a state of shock. Carter stared at his sister as Cole ran out.

"Go." Ellis nodded to him and Carter obeyed, running out after Cole.

Gilbert wrapped his arms around Ellis and carried her out of the classroom.

"What just happened?" He shouted.

"He hit Carter." Ellis stated blankly, there was nothing behind her eyes but Gilbert could tell she was replaying it in her head.

"Ell-"

"I'm going to go home." She mumbled, walking away from the boy.