Satus Quo

(This is a mini-chapter to lay out their standard day for reference throughout the rest of the story)
    After their eventful first day, their school life fell into a rather predictable pattern. First period was history, in which they would cover a significant person or event every other day. Seldom did anything interesting happen in history class, and it was all around boring.
    After their first free period, they had French class. The class was the same five lessons each week. First they would learn new words, then practice them, then learn the associated grammar and practice the words and grammar together. Friday would have a test, and then it would repeat. However, the students in French class made the class almost unbearable. Most of the students behaved, but the few who didn't constantly disrupted the class to make a fool of themselves, which made learning very difficult, although they got used to it.
    Environmental science was in most ways like history class in its demeanor, the primary change being the topic and little else.
    During their second free period Stevonnie would sometimes hang out with Maria but otherwise it went unused. Next they had calculus, which, despite how much material they covered, was consistently boring and dull. The teacher was monotonous and the work was homogeneous, and variety was limited. Then was lunch. If they didn't have to speak with a teacher, they would usually hang out with Maria some more, as she was their only close friend.
Public speaking was exactly what they thought it would be, putting together speeches and then delivering them to the class. However, the teacher was very kind and understanding, and she never forced them into situations they were too uncomfortable with. It was really helping with Stevonnie's fear of people staring.
Their last class of the day was language arts, which, while not spectacular, was pretty good. The teacher was laid back and the curriculum wasn't too bad either.
(A/N: sorry if this chapter was boring, but I needed to lay out the standard day for reference. Rest assured, there are two action packed chapters in the pipeline.)