Pink's First Day

Stevonnie and Pink warped as close by as they could, and walked the rest of the way to the dorms. It had been decided that Pink was going to stay with Stevonnie, that way they would be able to respond quickly if she got herself into trouble. As such, Stevonnie prepared Pink an air mattress for her to sleep on.

"What is this?"

"It's an air mattress. I know gems don't sleep, but I know sometimes they do anyways, and still it's a place to rest and relax even if you aren't sleeping."

"No I mean why is this of such terrible quality?"

"What do you mean?"

Pink gestured to Stevonnie's bed, and back again "I'm a Diamond, why do I have the worse of the mattresses?"

"Because it's my room, and you being a Diamond is meaningless here."

Pink grumbled to herself "I could beat you up if I really cared."

Stevonnie's eyes flashed pink for a moment and turned to Pink "Is that a challenge?"

"And what if it is?"

"Then let's throw down the gauntlet and take this outside."

"Let's."

The two of them went outside and took off, spiraling about each other as they gained altitude.

"Ready?" Stevonnie asked. A heavy blow to their face was Pink's response. "I'll take that as a yes." Stevonnie drew their shield as Pink tried for a few more blows. Stevonnie deflected them. Stevonnie followed up her block with a few bubble punches, before spiking Pink towards the ground and flying after her. Pink pulled out a hexagon and blocked another punch from Stevonnie, before dodging and coming in the side. Stevonnie turned to block, but Pink dipped down to come around from behind. Stevonnie dropped down to the same level to counter her.

By this point both hovered only a few feet from the ground. A crowd of kids had gathered to watch the super-powered spectacle. John pushes his way to the front before shouting "We only have one cafeteria! You're going to have to take turns wreaking it!" Stevonnie chuckled lightly at his attempt at a joke; or perhaps it was ment to be an insult, they weren't sure. Pink took it less well, despite not truly knowing what had been said. She charged John, hexagon out, ready to slam him into whatever wall, or unfortunate person, happened to be behind him.

Stevonnie got in the way, throwing up a hexagon of their own, and stopping Pink in her tracks. Pink was indignant "I am a Diamond! How dare he speak to me like that! And you; how dare you stop me!"

"How many times must I tell you, being a Diamond means nothing here. Heck, in the whole school only three people know what a Diamond is, and we're two of them. Now drop it. We're done here."

"I decide when we're done!"

"Fine" Stevonnie shrugged as they turned pink. With a clench of their fist a jagged bubble formed about Pink before closing in. She struggled at its bounds. "Are we done?"

"Yes."

"That's what I thought" Stevonnie dropped the bubble and returned to their new normal look, hands and feet pink while the rest is typical colors for a human. The crowd dissipated, satisfied, except for Maria, who stayed behind, her stance betraying that she was a little on edge.

"So this is a Diamond?" Maria asked, looking over Pink.

"So this is the third person? At least they seem to be showing more respect than you have." Pink reached out for a handshake. Maria grabbed Pink's hand and tried to throw her to the ground. Pink remained firmly planted and hardly felt it.

"Dang, this Diamond is pretty tough. But why are you so buddy buddy with one of the people who caused this mess... unless, did you get this one's memories back?"

"No Maria, and Pink didn't cause any of this. You remember how my gem got shattered? Well this is the person that my gem used to be, and now is again. She is also Steven's mom. But she got rejuvinated and doesn't remember anything." Maria was still confused, so Stevonnie caught her up on the events of the summer.

When the day eventually came to a close, Stevonnie and Pink settled in for the night. They checked their schedules, which Garnet made sure would be the same so Pink would have supervision. It was mostly the same order as the year prior, although English and History were swapped about.

     The next day came swiftly, and Pink began her first class. As per usual, the first day was just introductions. Pink was one of the first people, because she was in the system with the last of Diamond. She introduced herself honestly: telling that she was thousands of years old, and had lost all memories a month ago. Nobody was surprised, although a few were confused. The first day continued without a hitch, and the school and its inhabitants were all fully intact by the end of the day. Stevonnie was hopeful that Pink was already improving