Summer Break

"What!" Stevonnie and Pink shouted over each other.

Pink was indignant on the matter. "I am a Diamond; I do not answer to you! I do what I want."

"And didn't you want to know what happened to you?"

"Yes."

"Then you are going to have to go to school."

"No, you are just going to tell me."

Garnet turned to Stevonnie and tossed them a new bag with a few vial of Rose's water. "I thought you could use a restock." Garnet then turned back to Pink "Now then, this isn't something I can just explain for you, this is something you have to learn yourself."

"I am a Diamond, and I will teach you not to disobey me!" Pink when to punch Garnet, but Garnet caught the blow and slugged her back, knocking Pink down.

"You are going to have to learn quickly that us Crystal Gems dont care if you are a Diamond or not. There's still your old room in the temple; I recommend you hang out in there for a bit, unless you want trouble with some gems which are going to be a lot less nice." Garnet gestured to the temple door. Grumbling, Pink did as Garnet said. Once she was in her room, Garnet turned back to Stevonnie. "I'm not going to lie, I don't like acting like that with her, she still is Rose Quartz, even is she doesn't know it; but I know that is for the best. Now then, I believe you have a rescue from Homeworld yes?"

"Right." Stevonnie called lion over, and, using a vial, went in and retrieved Bismuth.

"Hey Garnet." Bismuth waved as she came out.

"Welcome back Bismuth. I'm glad you're here; our armies need new weapons. Go ahead and go get some steel warming up, I'll come see you in a little bit to let you know what we need."

"Right, I'll be on my way. By the way, thank you Stevonnie; who knows how long I would have been stuck like that without you."

"Anytime Bismuth. Although preferably not too soon."

Bismuth laughed a hearty laugh. "Of course. Well then, I'm off.

"Now then, Stevonnie. I know you have questions" Garnet continued

"Right"

     "And I know I told you I would tell you everything."

"I don't need future vision to see that 'but' coming."

"Well your right. I didn't foresee this future, and regretfully, there is one thing I still must keep secret from you. However, on all other affairs, feel free to ask me what you want to know.

"Ok, well then, let's start. How long did you see this war coming?"

"I saw it from when you first started going to school together. In fact, it was this war which I showed Dr. Mahashwaren to convince her to let you go to school together. Or well, what were to happen if she didn't let you go to school together rather; not this exact war."

Stevonnie contemplated the answer for a time. They thought of what that meant, of how long this had been hidden from them. Yet, they knew that it was only to protect everyone. They asked their next question. "What happened to Pearl?"

"She got rejuvinated. There was a skirmish and I was about to get rejuvinated, but she pushed me out of the way and took the hit because she knew that without my future vision there was little hope. I'm sorry, but the only way we can get her back is if we win this war."

Stevonnie began to cry slightly as the wounds of the loss were cut anew. Nevertheless, they tried to keep moving forward. "What happens from here?"

"I can't truly answer that, not in full. But what I can tell you is this. Eventually Pink will get her memories back. Until then, it's just a matter of holding our ground; protecting the Earth. Don't worry though, we have the edge."

Stevonnie dried their tears. "I'm going to be honest, I'm not too sure about sending Pink to school with me. I'm worried she's going to overreact and hurt someone. And anyways, I'm not sure school is the best place to show her why she felt life was worth protecting. In fact, I think it's almost the worst place, except maybe a prison. I mean, I like school, but for most people it's soul crushing. If we are to show her what's great about humanity, why take her to a place known for being where dreams go to die."

"You are going to have to be the one to protect the students from her if something happens. As for why I'm sending her to your school; I can't tell you why, and for that I am sorry. Trust me when I say though, it is the best place for her to learn why she cared about life. Now why don't you go ahead and get some more Rose's water."

"Didn't you already give me some?"

"Yes but you're going to want to stock up. There is a few futures where Homeworld targets the fountain, and since you are going to have to be handling Pink too, it's best that you have as much as possible. What you can do though, is bubble some water and send it to your dorm room, that way you don't have to carry it all around."

"Ok, real quick though, what happened with my finals?"

"Oh I managed to get them dismissed on the grounds that it was absolutely necessary that you were absent. As it turns out, most people prefer letting you skip finals and just using your course grade when shown what the alternative was."

"What was the alternative?"

"Nothing I ought to burden you with, since its not a possibility anymore."

Stevonnie accepted this answer and set off to fill up some bubbles and vials with more Rose's water.

"I didn't like hiding things from them before" Garnet mumbled to herself once they left "but having to lie to them too is even worse."

The rest of summer was spent boosting morale. Stevonnie had expected a lot of belligerency when they introduced Pink to the armies, but despite have fought against her in the past, most of the troops were fairly understanding, or at worst vaguely distrusting. Over the break, Pink only had a few minor incidents.

Once the restless vacation came to a close, Stevonnie and now Pink set off for the school.

"See you in a while Stevonnie. Just a heads up, there is an underground canyon to the east of your school, and an earthquake is going to uncover it. I'm not sure when exactly it's going to happen, so avoid heading East in January. Have a nice time at school."

     "Thank you! See you in a while!" The two of them warped off.