Infiltration

Stevonnie and Lars ventured deeper into the castle walls. As they had hoped, Pink's wing of the castle was largely unguarded. They had to hurry; Garnet said that the Sapphires would be onto them, so they didn't have long. To keep them moving as quick as possible, Stevonnie was using more of the water to carry Lars and run as fast as they could without creating a boom in their wake. They needed to use the water to keep the exhaustion from setting in anyways, so Stevonnie figures there was no harm in making the most of it; they weren't going to make it at this point anyways, Steven needed too much energy to survive by himself for those few minutes.

     With the building crawling with hostile gems, they knew it was only a matter of time before they were cornered even despite their speed. Indeed their assessment was correct; as a troop of Citrines were off to the war room, trailing behind them, and a loud whacking noise which only could be many heavy gems marching in front of them. Placing their gambit on out-speeding the slow lumbering gems beyond their view, Stevonnie charged forward faster. However, rather than a group of gems, they saw a Bismuth hammering at a wall of the palace, and blocking the path in the process.

     With too little room to pass on either side, Stevonnie chose to push the Bismuth down from the front in hopes that the surprise would buy them a moment. However, before they speed off they noticed the placement of the gem, fixed center on the Bismuth's chest. This wasn't any Bismuth, this was their Bismuth; the one that Biggs told them was captured. In a sudden change of plans, they set down Lars before summoning a large hexagon and pinning Bismuth to the wall with it.

     "Bismuth what are you doing here?"

     "I'm building a room for the Royal Consorts, now what are you doing here?"

     "I'm not going to tell you if your with them I..." Stevonnie doubled over panting, exuahstion setting in slightly. They popped another vial while mumbling that they hope the Diamonds can fix their shattered gem when this is all done.

     "What did you say?"

     "That I'm not telling you why I'm here."

     "Not that. After that."

    "Oh about my gem? Why should I tell you?"

     "You said it was shattered. How are you even standing here?"

     A cunning smile cut across Stevonnie's face. "Oh well I was Pink Diamond, but my gem got shattered"

     "Pink... Diamond? There is no Pink Diamond."

     "I can assure you there is, or was. You know I used to know a gem that fought with Rose Quartz in the Rebellion. They thought all their problems could be solved if they could just shatter a Diamond. Rose didn't like the idea... they were Pink in disguise, but in the end they faked their death, taking that gems advice. You know, sometimes you don't know everything, you just have to learn to be understanding, even if you don't understand."

     "Understanding" Bismuth said mulling over the idea "That feels familiar." Bismuth began to glow before shifting to her form from before they were captured.

     "Stevonnie! What's going on‽"

     "Shhh. I'm glad your back Bismuth, me and Lars are infiltrating the palace. They are going to have defenses against gems, so your going to have to go in Lars until we make it out." Bismuth nodded and Stevonnie loaded her into Lars' hair.

     Stevonnie looked into their bag. They only had 10 vials left. Stevonnie knew that if those were to run out, they would be good as dead if they hadn't either gotten their gem fixed, assuming that was possible; or for them to get back to earth so that they could spend enough time in the fountain as that their body could recoup the energy.

    Two more vials were used as they continued on their way. They were nearing the meeting hall, which would be the most likely place to find the Diamonds, as it is both the most secure place, and the logical place to be while waging a war, as Steven recalled that the war room was for battalion leaders, but not the Diamonds, who felt they were above that. It was at this point where they suddenly found themselves flanked. The encounter with Bismuth must have taken too long, as Stevonnie and Lars found themselves cornered by an ambush. Stevonnie powered up, and looked about at the gems coming in. With 3 battalion, or about 750 troops coming in, all Quartz or Citrine, Stevonnie was confident they couldn't hold them off for long. Stevonnie brainstormed briefly before concocting a plan.

     "Lars, you have the same magic hair as lion, maybe you can teleport like him‽" They both looked at each other. It was unlikely at best, a fools gambit; but with no other option they tried anyways. Lars began roaring while Stevonnie bought them time.

     Stevonnie unleashed a battle cry ash they took off and began their assault. Forming a spiked bubble, they charged through one group while throwing up a wall on the second path. Several gems were poofed before the bubble popped. Stevonnie bailed out through their battering and slicing, all of which healed swiftly. Stevonnie put spikes on the wall and shot it down the hall while charging down the third path, thus far unfettered in its assault. Lars still stood in the middle roaring in an attempt to make a portal.

    Stevonnie used another vial and raised a bubble once more. This time however, the gems already knew it could be broken, and began beating on it. Only a few had been poofed by the time the bubble popped, so Stevonnie drew their shield and began fighting. Bruises were incurred faster than they healed, and the lacerations began to build up. Stevonnie bailed out and used another vial before fighting the gems off at a range. They threw shield after shield, raised walls, and tossed spiked bubbles, but the gems were slowly advancing. The vial began to wear off, so they used one more. They thew up a massive polygonal bubble in effort to keep the gems from spilling into the intersection.

     "Come on Lars, I cant keep this up forever. This bubble is going to break any second now, and then the gems will be in the intersection, and that means that they are going to be coming in at all angles and I won't be able to hold them off for more than a few more seconds."

     "I'm trying! I'm trying!" Lars shouted between roars.

     Stevonnie began loading gem shards into the spare clothes to help, and the clothes began to come to life. The bubble broke and gems poured in. Stevonnie shouted as they fought with all they had, their scream pushing back gems, their attacks proofing many more, and their underpants strangling one. Still it wasn't enough and they were soon overwellemed. Lars screamer in fear knowing this was the end; but that very scream conjured the portal they needed. Stevonnie picked up Lars and speed through. The portal was in the right room, although several feet of the ground. If Stevonnie couldn't float, that fall would have hurt.

     5 vials were left in Stevonnie's bag, and 9 gems stood in the room around them. White Diamond, Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, Jasper, Holly Blue Agate, Bluebird, Yellow Pearl, Blue Pearl, and their Pearl as well, the very one who raised Steven and trained Connie. 5 vials were left to face off with them all.