Breaking and Entering

Stevonnie and Lars set off to begin working their way to the castle. The Off Colors, being vulnerable to rejuvenation, stayed put. Lars withdrew from his pockets a modified phone. "Garnet gave me this while I was waiting for you. She said it should be able to connect with the Wailing Stone and Transmitter networks while the face-is keeps any gems from gaining access. She said I should start listening once we get on planet for any useful broadcasts, so I guess il just." He grabbed a pair of earbuds and plugged them in, putting one in his ear. "There we go."

     The two humans snuck about. Their organic nature ment that Homeworld's surveillance tech was ineffective; as such they only had to worry about gems. Starting from the general ship bay, they snuck their way near the main pathways. Lars' monochromatic appearance would help him blend in, but the variety of color in Stevonnie ment they would stick out, even ignoring their recognizability. As such Stevonnie used a vial to slip into Lars' hair. Lars walked purposefully towards the castle. The road was quite long, and Stevonnie went throw 3 more vials before they reached the point where they split off, but that was more than halfway there. The road carried on to the gates, but marching all the way through the main gates would never work. Instead they swung wide and came about on the side.

     They decided to go for Pinks room, as the Diamond rooms had little defenses between them and the main hall, but as there was no Pink Diamond, there would be nobody to encounter them as they entered. As they worked their way to Pink's room, a transition came in from Peridot, informing that the castle had developed a new weapon; a Rejuvenation Cannon, designed to fire concentrated beams of Pink Aura. They thanked peridot for the warnings and continued on.

     A message came in from Garnet not long after informing them that a battalion of Quartz were inbound, and that they would have to stand their ground lest they flee into a prisoner caravan.

     "How are we supposed to stand our ground without giving away our position?" Lars asked panic setting in.

     Stevonnie popped a vial and speed up to give them more time to think. They saw the first of the Amethysts, and knew they had to hurry. Suddenly they had an idea. They made a small spiked bubble, no bigger than a pool ball spiked and all, and tossed it full force at a pipe. Steven had recalled that those pipes had been installed to carry water for the plants for the palace, with any luck it wasn't depressurized. Next they formed some spit in their mouth as they pulled out the cactus. Spitting on it, they hurled the cactus into the water stream.

      Lars was confused "What was the point of that?"

      "Cactus grow whenever there is water. A little magic spit and a little water and soon we have a very big monster. They're gonna know we're here, there's no helping that, but they won't know where we are." Lars nodded and they ran, distancing themselves from the growing monster.

     As they approached Pink's room, Garnet called over the Wailing Stones. "You better keep moving quick. Your plan worked better than anticipated, you've alerted the Sapphire's. I didn't foresee you coming up with the water part. Now move before they can set up an ambush."

     Stevonnie and Lars arrived at the room. Along the way Stevonnie used up another bottle; they didn't have the time to slow down. They knew they were likely going to black out, if not die, from exhaustion when they were done, but if things went well the Diamonds could heal them, and if things didn't Stevonnie knew they would be toast anyways. The plan was to enter via a bubble, but as it turns out the security system checks to ensure that a Diamond is present, and without their gem intact, it wouldn't let them through the walls like that. Nevertheless, there wasn't any other safe options, they would need a different way through, but they had to get in here.

      Suddenly, Stevonnie had a great idea. They popped another vial and unfused. Steven knocked on the wall. "Pink's here." As they hoped, the wall began to fill with holes as the pebbles came rushing out. It was just as Steven thought; a return to tradition would mean a disregard of the pebbles; they were never rejuvenated. One went to leap onto Steven's gems, only to find it was missing.

     "Your not our Diamond!" The pebbles high pitch voice called out. Steven grabbed the bag and pulled out their gem. Popping the bubble and rearranging the shards, he told the pebbles what had happened. A few teared up.

     "I am. Now please let me through; I need to set things right." The pebbles parted the wall and let them pass. Steven re-fused and Stevonnie bubbles their gem. Despite the brevity of being unfused, Steven went through a full 5 vials, being almost completely unable to survive without Connie.