Finals

Finals week began and Stevonnie felt confident she was ready, despite the loss of time. Math was first, and as it would turn out, there was no rule against going faster than sound to give yourself more time to solve problems; so with a vial of Rose's water, it was no problem. Next was World Language, which fairly difficult, but with two minds each only forgetting a handful of words, they were fine. Wednesday was Science, and with Connie having learned her fair share while on Homeworld a few years ago, it was a breeze. Thursday was the English exam, which was simply a argumentative essay. As Stevonnie found, a history of trying to talk down people trying to kill them left them quite skilled at persuasion.

      Having needed little study for her other finals, Stevonnie forgot to study for her history final. History class neared, yet they had no idea what to do.

     "I think we had ought to just cheat."

     "Steven, the point of a test it to test our skill, not the skill of whoever is sitting next to you"

     "Well the point of school is to prepare us for the real world, and in the real world, we have whatever resources we can get."

    "I'm not going to cheat. What is the point of trying to learn if I'm going to cheat. In fact, if cheating is fine, why doesn't everyone do it"

     "The point of learning is to get opportunities I won't let you throw those opportunities out in order to allow for you to be stubborn"

    "I'm just holding to my morals. Maybe you should try it next time instead of shattering a squad of gems!"

     Steven was taken aback by the response. Connie used this moment to splash the fusion with Roses water and unfuse. "I'm not letting you force me to cheat." She slid Steven the bag of vials. "This should be more than enough for the hour." Connie then left to take the test.

    Steven sat in shock of what she had done, but hadn't planned to intervene until he got a call from Garnet informing him that Stevonnie was needed. With no other recourse, Steven knocked upon the door and called for Connie. Connie wouldn't respond? So Steven kicked doesn't the door and took her. Begrudgingly, they fused.

     Arriving at the temple, Garnet awaited lecture prepared. "Connie, you have to learn the time and place of when to give up and do whatever you can to make it. This wasn't the time or place. As for Steven he needs to learn when to stick to his morals." Before they had time to react, Garnet start preparing them. "Your gonna how is Lars and the Off Colors to Homeworld. Your goal is to remind the Diamonds of who they once were. I'm going to have you bring an assortment of stuff to help, to make things easier. You won't need all of it"

     "And then no more lies?"

    "And then no more lies."

     "I'm ready."