Restoration

Pink came out of the portal carrying Stevonnie's lifeless body, followed swiftly by Lars. Pink set down Stevonnie and Lars ran up and began checking for a pulse. They looked up to the Diamond standing next to them. "Their heart is beating very slow. They must still have a little bit of Rose's water in their system. But they are about to die; they might be already"

     "Well that sucks."

      "Your tears. They can heal people; revive them even."

      "Well I would need to be crying to have tears, and that means I would have to feel something for them"

      "If you can't cry for them, cry for yourself. Cry for without them you won't ever know who you once were. Cry because without them, the Earth is doomed; the very place you once fought for."

     Pink didn't know where these feelings were coming from, but Lars' words called up a sorrow in her, which made manifest in a single tear.

     The year's magic spread from the center of Stevonnie's chest outwards. By the time it had reached their hands and feet they had already begun to die. Stevonnie stood, a pink coloration to their hands and feet, which faded out into slender tendrils of pink skin further up their arms and legs.

     "I'm... I'm alive." Stevonnie looked at her hands. "Mostly." Looking up at her mom, tears welled in her eyes as she embraced in a hug. The Diamond stood their confused "Mom! Thank you."

      "Mom? What's a mom?"

       "I'll explain to you in a little bit. First we should get back to the ship. Or at least out of this little cavern. Come on; the ruckus we made at the castle should serve as a distraction, and I'm out of Rose's water, so if we get into a fight we might be out of luck."

      The three of them fled to the ship bay; luckily for them, the forces were concentrated on the castle as Stevonnie had suspected. They got aboard the Star incinerator and greeted the Off Colors.

      "Oh my stars it's a Diamond" Rhodinite exclaimed before fleeing below deck

     "That is Pink Diamond." "That Diamond is Pink." The Rutile twins stated inquisitively.

      "How - is - she - back?" Floride asked.

     "Back? So I was gone?"

     "I predict that Lars and Stevonnie will return with Pink Diamond. How fascinating."  Paparacha predicted, late as usual.

     "Ok, everyone sit down, it's a long story. But first, let's get off planet." Stevonnie called everyone to the main deck. Once the ship was out of Homeworld's atmosphere, Stevonnie first recounted the days events to the crew.

     Once the days events were covered, Stevonnie settled in with Pink and began to see if they could remind Pink of her past. "Well let's start simple, do you remember about Earth?"

     "Not really; but your friend made a comment about it getting destroyed and that seemed to evoke some response from me."

     "That's good. Well does this symbol... wait nevermind, I'm out of water I can't summon my shield."

       "You've spoken about this Rose's water before, what is it and what connection does it have to your powers?"

      "Well it's magic healing water you made, and well it heals me slightly as that I can use my powers ever since my gem got shattered."

      "Well if your gem is shattered, how are you alive?"

     "I'm 3/4 human."

     "Ok... well what kind of gem was your gem anyways."

     "Well; it was the same gem you have."

     "You were a Diamond?"

      "Not just a Diamond, Pink Diamond."

      "But I'm Pink Diamond."

      "Right."

      "I'm confused"

      "Well, you, as Rose Quartz, who is your disguise that you assumed in the gem war, met my dad, Greg, and gave birth to me, or rather to Steven, who is a part of me, but gave up your physical form in the process which is how Steven got your powers. Since Steven was half human, he was able to fuse with Connie, who is the other part of me, to form me, Stevonnie."

     "And how did your gem get shattered? Or how did I get shattered? This is so confusing."

     "The Diamonds unleashed a powerful attack called the corrupting light. I stopped it, but got shattered in the process. Ever since I can't use my powers without Rose's water, see" Stevonnie went to show how their powers weren't working, only to summon their shield. "Huh‽ What‽ I shouldn't be able to do that... unless... maybe because you got healed I can use my powers? Let me test something." Stevonnie walked across the ship and tried their powers again to no success. Slowly inching closer, they found that they could only use their powers within a few feet of Pink. "Well that's weird. I guess since I can use my powers, I might as well ask; do you recognize this emblem?" Stevonnie showed their shield to Pink Diamond

     "No"

     "Well that was a bust."

    All along the return trip, Stevonnie filled Pink in on bits of her past. They decided it was best to have Garnet tell Pink about the gem war however, seeing as that she lived it with her. It took about a week to make it back to Earth.

     Once they returned to Earth, they sought out Garnet, who was sat down, panicking slightly, as this was not a outcome she had predicted. At their request however, Garnet filled Pink in on the Gem War, telling her of how she fought to protect the Earth.

      "I have a tugging memory of caring about this place, but I don't know why I cared about humans?"

     Garnet looked into the future briefly "That's something you must find out for yourself. As such, I've decided that your going to go with Stevonnie to school when it starts back up in a month."