"You Don't Drink Coffee." (Harrison)

I stare at the clock in my car. 4:30pm. I lean my head against the head rest and close my eyes, letting the busy day fade away.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

"JESUS CHRIST!" I scream.

I glance over to my right to see Harrison, my neighbor, standing next to my car. I roll down the window, my heart pounding a mile a minute.

"Sorry love. I didnt mean to startle you," He apologizes, "Well, um...I best be off now."

I watch as he walks into the apartment complex, my body still shaking.

"Okay then," I say aloud, "He had no real reason for talking to me...kind of weird. He is cute though, so I should have been the one to initiate the conversation."

One of my other neighbors walks past my car and into the adjacent building, giving me weird expressions.

"And I think I should stop talking to myself, before I embarrass myself even more than I already am," I say aloud to the man walking by.

Weirded out by the whole situation, I roll the window back up, gather my things and head to my apartment. As I walk down the quiet hallway, fumble with my key chain trying to find the right key, when they fall out of my hands. I stare down at them in shame.

"You're going to stay there until I think its time for you to be used," I announce, still staring at the keys.

Suddenly, the door to the outside opens, and in walks Harrison on his phone, heading towards my general direction.

"Uh, Harrison?" I holler.

I see him look up from his phone, and smile.

"Hey!" He shouts, jogging over to me, "What's up?"

"Not up, but down," I say to him, pointing to my keys on the ground, "Can you pick them up for me?"

I looks at me with confusion, as I smile back at him.

"Are you serious?" He scoffs, "That's what you called me over for?"

"Yeah. Why else would I?" I question.

"I dont know," He says, "Maybe you wanted to invite me in for some coffee—"

"You don't drink coffee," I bluntly say to him.

Silence fills the air, as Harrison stands there speechless, rubbing the back of his neck. After a few more seconds of awkward silence, Harrison quickly picks up the keys and hands them to me.

"Okay, well this was an awkward attempt to get your number," He says, "Here are your keys. I hope you have a nice rest of your day."

Harrison walks by me, heading to his apartment, while I stand in embarrassment. Nice job y/n! Your cute neighbor wanted your number and you just totally ruined it for him and yourself. And I cant open my apartment door. Fantastic! I stare at my useless keys, then to Harrison, whos opening the door to his apartment.

"Harrison, wait!" I shout, dropping my stuff to the ground and running to him.

Harrison turns back around.

"Yeah?"

I think for a moment, before answering him.

"You. Me. Knives Out. Friday night."

Something sparks inside Harrison, as a smile creeps onto his face.

"Sounds like a plan," He smiles.

"Oh, can youuh help me open the door to my apartment?" I giggle.

Harrison rolls his eyes, but a smile follows as him and I walk back, his arm wrapped around me.