"Cᴀɴ ɪ Gᴇᴛ Yᴏᴜʀ Nᴜᴍʙᴇʀ?" (Sᴀᴍ)

It was a Friday night, you and your friends were just sitting around in the living room of your apartment, staring at each other in dismay. You all had full time jobs and it was a long week for all of you.

Kayla- Guys, we are literally acting like bumps on a log. (She says sitting up from the floor) We need to get out of the house. Live a little.

Collectively, the rest of us all groaned.

Bella- Come on guys. Kay is right and besides we deserve a night off.

Liz- Yeah, I guess you're right. What about you y/n? You up to going out and being NORMAL 20-year-old women?

Everyone looks to you for an answer. You sigh, trying not to give in, but end up doing so.

You- UGH! Fine, but just for tonight. You guys are lucky I'm in the mood for going out.

Your friends cheered, and you all got ready for the best night of your lives. You decided to wear a navy-blue romper with white Keds. You had your hair in a high messy bun and had on very little makeup. You were the last one to get ready and when you walked out of the bathroom, your friends jaws dropped.

Bella- Damn girl! You are going to get all the guys on you tonight.

You- Dude, come on. No one is going to even notice me.

You tell Bella, as you grabbed your house keys and wallet.

Kayla- You're kidding me, right? Y/n you are gorgeous. Any guy would be head over heels for you.

Everyone nods in agreement.

You- Oh shut up and lets get going, before I change my mind.

The four of you grabbed your things and head to one of the clubs down the street from your apartment. When you guys get there, you find a table to place your things and head out onto the dance floor.

You- I'm just going to get us some drinks. (You yell to your friends)

All- Okay!

You head to the bar and order four bottles of Heineken beer. When you go to pay the bar tender, you hear a voice come from behind you.

Voice- The drinks are on me.

You turn around and see a guy, around your age standing there, with his cash at hand. He was tall, compared to you, but short for a guy.

You- Nah, its fine. I can—

Guy- I insist, especially for a beautiful girl like you.

You feel your face turning red and you let the guy pay for your drinks. You then see your friends come over to the counter.

Liz- Whos this? (She says while catching her breath from dancing so much)

You- Oh...uh...

Guy- I'm Sam. (He says holding out his hand to my friends) And you lovely ladies are?

You- These are my friends Kayla, Bella, Liz, and I'm y/n.

They all shake Sams hand.

You- Here are your drinks. (You tell the three of them)

They all grab a bottle and head back on the dance floor, leaving me with Sam at the bar. It was awkward at first, but you initiate the conversation.

You- I'm guessing youre not from around here. (You ask him, taking a sip from your beer)

Sam- Why would say that? (He asks in a thick British accent)

You- Your accent gives it away. (You laugh while he hides his embarrassment)

You both laugh and take a sip from your drinks. While you try to find your friends on the dance floor, you catch Sam staring at you and he looks away.

You- You okay there?

Hesitating, Sam tries to find the words he was looking for.

Sam- Do you...uh...want to dance...with me? (He asks, running his free hand through his brown wavy hair and the other holding his beer)

You- I would love to. (You smile and take his hand and you both run out onto the dance floor)

The two of you spent hours on the dance floor together, getting to know each other. You go to check your phone and see a ton of texts from your friends, asking where you were.

You- Hey, I got to go. (You tell him heading back to your table) It was nice to meet you Sam.

You grab your things and head to the front door. However, Sam stops you short.

Sam- Um...y/n, I was uh...wondering if I could get your number?

You smile and pull out your phone.

You- Yeah, sure! My number is (***)-***-****.

Sam- Thanks. Maybe we could hang out some time?

You- That would be great. (You smile to him)

You leave the club and look back to see Sam still staring at you.

Sam- Damn, shes amazing. (He whispers to himself as he watches you leave)