12: Slipping Away

* Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me if you'd like!(: *

Riah POV

Allowing my eyes to roll back as I massaged shampoo out of my scalp, every muscle in my body calmed under the hot water trickling down my naked skin. 

Glancing down at my feet, I gasped as I realized blood was staining the shower floor. I cursed under my breath as I realized it was coming from my hands. Scrubbing harshly, I tried my hardest to get the assassins blood off of myself from hours earlier. 

But no matter how hard I tried, the blood left red stains behind. Clenching my jaw in irritation, I turned the water off and climbed out of the shower. 

After wrapping a robe around my damp body and brushing through my knotted hair, I made my way back into the hotel room to find Demitri shirtless with his back facing me. 

Licking my lips, I tip toed to him in attempt to surprise him, but he just chuckled and turned to face me. 

"You know I can hear you even when you're trying to be sneaky, right?" His voice was humorous as he searched my demeanor. 

Shrugging, I wrapped my arms around his muscular body and placed my chin on his chest to look into his ocean eyes. "I like to think one day I can be sneaky enough to scare you."

He shook his head while wrapping his arms around my small frame. The feeling of his touch still sent shocks through my body, even with clothes between us. 

His eyes flickered from mine to my lips then back, causing me to pull away and chuckle. Sitting on the bed, I stared at the beige carpet under my feet. 

"Has Marcel figured out who the assassin is yet?" My question seemed to cause Demitri to hold his breath for a moment, as if he had bad news.

He shook his head, "No, but we aren't giving up until we know who he is and why he's here in Sicily." Running his hand through his disheveled hair, he sat down on the chair across me and stretched his long legs out in front of him. "I just can't believe he didn't crack last night, for god sake I basically tortured him."

I instantly cringed at his words as I remembered what we did to that man last night. After we realized he was still alive, we tried to figure out who he was and why he was here but he didn't even whisper one single word. Although inflicting pain upon people is a necessary action in order to succeed in this underground world and the paranormal one, I still don't like it. 

"He'll talk sooner or later. Have you been able to confirm whether or not the American spy and the assassin are connected?" I questioned my mate as I pushed myself off the plush bed and made my way to the dresser. 

"They aren't, although the assassin is American, he's been in France for quiet some time. We found footage of him in Amiens for weeks before the attack."

Shocked, I immediately stopped going through the many clothes I had shuffled around the drawer and turned to face Demitri. 

"He was in Amiens? Wait, if he was near, why wouldn't he attack there instead of wait until we got to Sicily?"

Demitri shrugged and huffed in irritation. "I don't know, Riah. Maybe because we aren't as protected as usual? I really wish I knew but it's just as confusing to me as it is for you." The aggravation towards me was evident in his tone, causing me to become angry.

It's not my damn fault this is happening and he has no reason to get mad at me, even if I ask questions I know he has no answers to. 

"It was more of a rhetorical question." I retorted as I plucked a sundress off the ground and made my way into the bathroom.