10: Call For Desperate Measures

* Don't forget to comment, vote and follow me if you'd like!(: *

The eerie silence as I leaned against the railing and took a long drag of my cigarette caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stick straight up. With the amount of children living in this area, it's usually never this quiet even this late during the day.

Taking a sharp breath, I tossed the last of the cig into the bucket next to my feet and made my way back into the house.

I could hear Alyssa giggling in the living room far before I walked in, causing a sting of sadness to pass through my chest like a dagger in my heart.

It's been a day since I've compelled her, but the despair of doing it has grown more intense every minute of every hour.

The guys have been trying to convince me that what I did was for the best, but nothing will convince me that compelling her was the only thing I could have done. I could have denied it, told her she was seeing things. I could have said I'm just a really fast runner, but instead I had to compel her and make her morality a weakness just to save my own ass. A person like that doesn't deserve such an innocent and pure child like her in their life.

Swallowing down my emotions, I shuffled into the room where everyone was sitting on the couches talking amongst themselves. Plopping down on the spot beside Demitri, I gave him a forced smile and glanced towards Nora sitting on the couch across from us. That's when I realized Petra and Aleksandra were here, too.

I could sense the tension between the two, they were acting like last time I had seen them but with a bit more irritation. Aleksandra was slouching into the leather with her arms crossed over her chest, and Petra was sitting straight up fiddling her thumbs around and noticeably clenching and unclenching her jaw.

I didn't hold back when I sighed and spoke up, "What the fuck is going on between you two?"

They both snapped their heads to me with wide eyes as if they were surprised I had actually said something.

Aleksandra was first to speak, "Nothing, why?" But I could hear the hesitation in her voice.

Rolling my eyes, I sighed. "Your not very good at lying, you know that right?"

But she just bit at her bottom lip, unable to say anything more.

That's when Petra perked up a bit, "We just hit a snag in our friendship is all."

I was about to reply, when the front door swung open in an instant, causing all six of us to spring to our feet, and Demitri to stand in front of Alyssa in defense.

But my heartbeat automatically slowed down when Marcel's figure became visible under the dim lighting from the chandelier hanging above the doorway. As he made his way towards us, a large group of men followed close behind until the living room was almost completely filled with large men in suits and earpieces.

Shoving Demitri aside so I could look Marcel in the eyes, I gave him a confused look. "What's going on?"

Marcel took a deep breath, "We have been told that we have to leave Amiens as soon as possible."

"Why?" Pinching the bridge of my nose, I shook my head in disbelief.

"The Sicilian Mafia has informed us that they have been infiltrated by an American spy. He was sent to gain information on all organized crime families in the area, including The Bratva. He's in their custody and we are to go to Sicily to speak to The Godfather."

Chewing on the inside of my cheek, I glanced down at Alyssa still wrapped around Demitri's leg. Her eyes were wide and she wouldn't take her eyes off the many men surrounding us.