2: A Night Out

Demitri POV

Once we pulled up to the private school Alyssa goes to, Riah and I climbed out of my truck and made our way through the front doors. Sitting on a bench by the front office was Alyssa, smiling and talking to one of her new friends. I could feel Riah's mood shift from stressed to happy the moment she spotted her.

"Guys! This is my friend Francine."

Smiling, Riah knelt down in front of the two girls and held her hand out. As Francine gently grabbed her hand and shook it, Riah smiled wide. "It's so nice to meet you, Francine."

Francine's brown eyes lit up as she searched Riah. "Is this your mommy?" She asked, causing Alyssa's gaze to drop to the ground.

"I'm her cousin." Riah's voice was gentle as she stood up and grabbed Alyssa's hand.

"That's so cool, your really pretty!" Her voice was excitable.

After a second, a lady flashed through the front door up to Francine. "Oh my, I'm so sorry I'm late baby girl. Traffic was terrible." The middle aged woman's eyes landed on us, followed by a warm grin.

"I'm Francine's mother. You two must be Alyssa's guardians. It's nice to finally meet you. Francine is obsessed with Alyssa."
Grinning, Riah thanked her and introduced us. After a few minutes of chatting, we excused ourselves and left the large building with Alyssa skipping beside us.

"Can we have Francine over for a play date soon? Please?" Alyssa questioned as Riah buckled her into the back.

"Of course, you can have sleepovers whenever you want." Riah giggled and got into the seat beside me.

Riah's maternal instincts kicked in the moment Alyssa needed her, regardless if she's not her mother. She's such an amazing care giver, and her capability to raise Alyssa the way she has been is incredible. She never ceases to amaze me.

Taking a quick glance over at her, my stomach fluttered at the way her long black hair fell perfectly passed her shoulders down to her waist. Her green eyes looked over at me and she smiled instantly, revealing her pearly white teeth.

"Yes?" She asked.

I quickly averted my gaze and looked back at the road.

Your beautiful.

I could sense the heat rise to her cheeks as my words echoed in her mind, making me smirk at the effect I have on her. When we got to the house and I parked the car, I followed the girls up and through the front door. Nora instantly greeted us as we made our way into the kitchen. The house smelt like spaghetti and cheese bread.

"Alyssa, how was school girly?" Nora asked her as Alyssa dropped her bag on the floor and sat at the table.

Her eyes widened, "Good. I had art today, so I got to paint again."

I grinned at her as I sat beside Riah.
Placing a few plates of food in front of us four, Nora sat down across me and began eating. Even though we don't need actual food, we don't want Alyssa to get weirded out about us never eating. So we have dinner with her everyday after school.

"That's so fun, what did you make?"
As Nora and Alyssa talked about their day, I reached across my lap to Riah's hand and grasped it in mine. Her soft, silky skin still causes sparks to shoot through me like it was the first time all over again. I don't think I'll ever get used to how amazing she is.

Her emerald eyes searched mine with so much love it almost took my breath away. The marking on her face was placed beautifully under her right eye, accentuating her high cheek bones. She was finally able to stop covering it up in public once she got stronger and came into her abilities and knowledge.