I pulled up to a gated waterfront community that overlooked the ocean. The street was lined with mansion sized homes, so I knew the motherfucker was wealthy. Since it was midnight, the lights in most of the homes were off, but one mansion was illuminated.

"The one with the light on is Juan's. He's inviting me inside so park the car somewhere nearby." I did as told parking my car across the street from the mansion. I hopped out and walked ahead of Syair towards the house. Before I could the ring the door bell he grabbed my arm preventing me from doing so.

"Nyla, don't be on no crazy shit today. This nigga Juan can be a hothead, so I need you to stay cool. I know how you can get sometimes." Syair warned me and I brushed him off by sucking my teeth. He rung the doorbell and the door swung open, taking me by surprise at how quick the person answered.

Must've been watching us the whole time. I thought as I looked up and saw a home camera attached to the canopy of the front door.

A stout Hispanic man stood at the door wearing an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt with a thick cubano cigar hanging from his lips. His eyes were low cast and red, but he didn't look high. There was music playing behind him so I tried to break the ice and get this shit over with so I can leave.

"It's a fiesta and nobody invited me?" I asked trying to be funny as I proceeded to enter the house. Before I could step foot inside, Juan held out his hand blocking me.

"Who the fuck is this? I asked you to come alone." Juan said to Syair who finally decided to speak.

"This is my cousin. She's a cool person, no need to stress about her." Syair reasurred Juan before dapping him up. I felt a weird feeling and looked behind me. The town felt familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it's familiarity.

Juan ushered us in and I silently marveled at the interior of the home. The ceiling was high up and a wide staircase adorned the entrance. There were two huge stained glass windows by the stairs and marble statutes on either side of the railings.

We followed Juan into his living room where a framed picture of his family was staring directly at us. I took a seat on a cushion next to Syair while Juan sat across from us.

"Would you guys like a drink? I got everything. Mami! Ven aqui!" Juan screamed out and a nicely built Hispanic women emerged from a room. I recognized her from the family photo so I'm guessing she's his wife. "Get them some drinks would you." He said and she nodded her head before sashaying away from us. From the corner of my eye I saw Syair staring at her ass, causing me to elbow him back to reality. Juan might find that offensive and I know Lynn's ass definitely would too.

After a couple of minutes, the woman walked back in the living room and placed down a platter of drinks. I poured myself a moscato while Syair settled for a bottle of water. "Remember you're driving tonight. Don't drink too much." He whispered to me and I nodded my head before sipping the sweet, but strong drink.

"I sell everything except cocain. Pick ya poison." Syair said and Juan snickered before cutting his eyes at me. I was watching him the whole time trying to read if he's genuine or not. So far I was getting mixed signals.

"You know Syair, I really wished you came alone. She's all in our business and I don't like that." Juan complained like a bitch and I squinted my eyes at him before taking another sip of the moscato.