Chapter Twenty-Five

~Olivia's P.O.V~

I kept on running.

The rain continued to hammer the streets, sending up a moist spray as it hit the road, blocking most of my vision. But I didn't stop running.

My chest stung with the sobs that had now freely escaped, and my eyes were saturated in tears. But I wasn't sure whether my face was wet because of these painful tears, or because of this storm I had so stupidly run into without bringing my jacket.

Within the first five seconds of being outside, my clothes were soaked, from top to bottom, and my hair waved around in a tangled and wet mess as the strong gusts enveloped around me.

I had never felt so fearful, so confused or so exhausted. My lungs began to ache from the simple exhaustion of running, and my legs felt as if they'd buckle beneath me. I feared that soon enough, they would give up on me altogether, and then refuse to pick me back up again. But even with all of these aches and pains, the will to protect Liam from what I was dare to ruin kept me strong, and I pushed on.

I had no idea of my whereabouts. The rain had made the streets of London almost unrecognisable, and the thick clouds above me made the roads look much sinister than they usually seemed. Everyone had retreated to cafes or shops, out of the rain, leaving just me and these vacant streets.

I couldn't believe that I was running away again, right when I'd given Liam another chance. The thing is though, I felt so confused. Part of me wanted to stay with Liam and be part of his everyday life, because I loved him, and couldn't live a moment without seeing him. But part of me felt the need to run. I wasn't a celebrity, I wasn't famous or rich. I couldn't live up to the standards of the fans, and in all honesty, how did I know if Liam wouldn't kiss another girl again?

I knew that part of me had been left with Liam. My head was here with me, pushing me to keep on running. But my heart had been left with Liam. It would always be left with him, there was no doubt about that, I was in love with him.

The rain definitely wasn't on my side today though. It had become a lot heavier and the wind was so much colder. My hands had gone numb, and several shivers at a time ripped through me. I felt awful, for both freezing myself to death and for leaving Liam, and the rest of them, all over again. They must have thought by now that I was crazy, a mad women, broken goods. He wouldn't want me back now. And hopefully that was a good thing.

Olivia.

My ears pricked as I heard another voice in the empty streets. But it was most likely insane mind playing tricks on me.

Olivia.

Eugh, seriously leave me alone. Now I wish that I'd left my mind back with Liam too.

"Olivia!"

The funny thing was though, my mind somehow didn't sound like me. Hell, it didn't sound female at all.

"Olivia! Please stop!"

This wasn't right. I wasn't alone? Of course I wasn't! Crap.

I continued to run but knew that I was slowing down. My breathing became irregular and my lungs protested as I forced them to keep working with me. I couldn't stop, I couldn't go back.

The sharp, bitter air pricked my skin, and my lips were both frozen and numb. As I rounded the corner of the street, a strong gust of wind blew my hair violently in front of my eyes, and for a moment I was blinded.

And a moment was all it took to feel myself tripping forwards. But as I began to brace myself for the impact of the pavement, I felt a strong pressure around my waist. Was I still falling? Had I fallen?