Chapter Four

I woke up suddenly but neither of my alarms had gone off so I knew that it was early. The sun outside my window was still rising and the streets outside sounded quiet. Everyone was most likely still asleep. I checked the time. 5:30! I didn't need to be down in the bar for another four hours.

After my attempt at trying to fall back to sleep failed, I grabbed my book and tried to relax. I sat on my chair beside the balcony and started to read I couldn't focus on the words. Reading  was usually something I enjoyed only before going to bed at night. I put it down and saw my camera placed neatly on my desk. It was a leaving gift from my mum. She'd decided to pay for an expensive camera to let me get some shots of Venice and the beauty within its streets. I grabbed it and walked over to my balcony. The sun was only just peaking above the buildings. It looked wonderful though nonetheless. Golden rays shot in various directions. The sky hadn't turned blue yet either but was instead a mixture of pinks and purples. Everything looked so lovely. I took a few photos and then lay the camera back on my desk. I decided that I make good use of this time I had and go down for a swim before the guests started to wake. My dad was happy for me to use the facilities.

I walked over to my drawer and pulled out my flip-flops, a towel, and my bikini. On top of my bikini I wore a white summer dress. I usually swam with my hair down so I brushed through it and left it out. After grabbing a spare snack bar from the kitchen in my apartment I brushed my teeth and heading out the door and down to the pool.

As I'd expected, it was empty. I loved swimming alone. I had space to think and at the same time, I didn't have to worry about anyone watching or analysing me. And I wasn't prepared in the slightest to have someone scrutinise me, my skin and my body in nothing but a bikini.

Without wasting much time I dumped my things on a deck chair and took off my dress. The morning was cool and a breeze swept around me blowing strands of hair across my face. I lowered myself into the pool and without much thought, I started to swim. This was my time, just me and the water. I let my thoughts fill my head and blocked everything else out.

***

LIAM

I didn't sleep well at all that night. It wasn't the bed, the bed was incredibly comfortable, and it wasn't the temperature either. I wasn't too hot or too cold. My thoughts were just racing. It seemed as if I was still in the same state of mind as I was when we were touring. Worrying about whether we'd arrive on time, when we could practice next, what to say to the fans on the stage and how to get through another day of stardom. But here I was, with these guys, my best friends, my family. We were supposed to be having a break but I really didn't feel like it had started yet.

Then Olivia came into my mind. My thoughts slowed and I replayed images of her in my mind. Her olive skin, her hazel eyes, and her eyelashes. They were so thick and long. Her smile was perfect and those lips looked so smooth and pink. Her laugh was so natural and genuine, the best thing I'd heard in such a long time, it made the hairs on my arm stand on end.

I frowned at myself. What was I doing? I didn't know this girl in the slightest. Any yet I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to know her, to learn about her, to be beside her.

I jumped out of the bed and found the things from my still unpacked suitcase that I'd need to go swimming. I remembered what she'd said about going out to the pool before anyone else could get there. Maybe I had enough time to catch her. I ran to the bathroom keeping quiet to avoid waking up the others and got changed pulling on a shirt and the shorts. I washed my face and quickly tousled my hair. I grabbed a pair of shoes and headed out of the door and made my way to the pool.

When I reached, someone was there. I sat down on one of the deck chairs and watched. She had her back to me but I watched how her body moved so gracefully but powerfully up the length of the pool. Her arms were slender but controlled and the water barely splashed as she swam. She reached the end of the pool and started to climb out. The girl carefully lifted herself from the pool and I watched in awe as I saw the length of her hair. Her hair, it was so long and so beautiful. Olivia had her hair up, this couldn't possibly be her. I decided to make myself apparent seeing as she still hadn't noticed me.