Chapter Forty Six

Nadia looked at her own reflection in the mirror

Nadia looked at her own reflection in the mirror. If it hadn't felt real before, the sight surely made it so. The day was finally here. Even though both she and Sirius had suggested to postpone the wedding because of what had been revealed last night, both James and Lily fought them on it like there was no tomorrow. Alice and Frank had even joined in, insisting they all needed something happy to be a part of to take their mind off of the trouble and worry. And so they went through with it. And now she stood here, in her wedding gown all ready to walk down that aisle which waited for her. And to marry the man who would be standing at the other end of it.

She was getting married and while some brides were nervous or worried about what may go wrong, all Nadia could feel was excitement. She couldn't wait. And she didn't have to because there were just a couple of minutes left before the start of the ceremony. With one final breath, Nadia was ready to head out of the room she was in and into the hall where she knew her father was waiting for her. However, as the door opened, and someone entered she turned to look at who it was with curiosity in her eyes.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out there getting ready while swallowing your nerves?" Nadia teased as her eyes caught sight of Remus, clad in his suit and looking at her with a big smile on his face.

"I thought I'd come see how you're doing before I take my place. There's still time to run away?" Remus suggested, making a laugh burst past her lips while she shook her head at him.

"I'm not going anywhere." She said confidently before adding. "As a matter of fact, I want to get out there as soon as possible. Remus, I'm getting married, I'm actually marrying him." Her voice was giddy and excited and the sound of it made Remus so happy.

"Good, because I have a whole speech ready. I take my officiant duties very seriously, wouldn't want them to include 'I'm sorry, the bride has run away'." He joked again and Nadia smiled widely. She most certainly wasn't running away, not now, not ever.

When the topic of who would officiate the wedding came up, Nadia and Sirius looked no further than one of their best friends. James was the best man, and Lily the maid of honour, Marlene, Camille and Eliza were the bridesmaids while Adam, Henry, Nicholas and Peter the groomsmen. But Remus was perfect for the role of officiant, especially as he had already done an amazing job at Lily and James' wedding already. He was the one who pushed them to admit their feelings, helped them see they were meant for each other, and when they fought, helped them mend. There was no better person they could think of to actually, finally, marry them.

"The only running I'll be doing is towards the altar." Nadia stated, making her friend let out a small chuckle, but most of all he was thrilled. It was a happy day for everyone and they all revelled in the joy of seeing their friends take this step.

"Well then we better get out there or you might just burst. Imagine that: 'I'm sorry, the wedding has been cancelled, the bride exploded.'" Remus commented while moving to the door and holding it open so she could exit and meet her father in the hallway. However, as Nadia came to stand beside Konstantin, who smiled down at her, she turned to Remus with a reprimanding look.