Chapter Five

"Oh how happy am I that magic exists?!" James muttered as he flipped over a screw in his hands

"Oh how happy am I that magic exists?!" James muttered as he flipped over a screw in his hands. "Is this to be a small or a big one? Honestly Nadia, if I didn't have my wand I'd just tell you to put the books on the floor." He commented as he reached for his back pocket, ready to assemble the bookshelf without lifting a finger.

"Did he... Did he just suggest you put the books on the... On the floor?!" Konstantin asked in complete shock as he set down one of the boxes with Nadia's things packed inside of it.

During the weekend all of their friends as well as Konstantin, Fleamont and Euphemia had taken the time to help Nadia move into Sirius' flat in Diagon Alley. And of course, the majority of the boxes she had packed contained her books.

"Don't worry dad, no books will be on the floor." Nadia said in a calming tone, trying to suppress her laughter at the look on her father's face. He was looking at James like he had suggested burning the books, not putting them on the floor.

"Oh ignore him Konstantin. I cried the first time I actually saw him pick up a book." Euphemia said as she moved through the flat, making her son send her a small glare while his father laughed at the memory. "It may have been a book about Quidditch, but it was still literature."

"I'm not that bad!" James exclaimed in his own defence.

"Yes you are!" Lily, Nadia and his parents all said in unison making the boy grumble as he turned back to the shelf and started assembling it, choosing to, from this point on, ignore their cruelty.

"Shoo! Not on the table!" Marlene exclaimed as she shoed Tybalt off of the dining table. "Honestly, is it just me or was he so well behaved at Hogwarts, and now had turned into a little black devil?"

"I think McGonagall may have scared him into submission." Nadia admitted. She could remember catching Tybalt in the halls one night meowing along with a cat that looked quite familiar with the spectacled shapes around her eyes, but they did seem to be on good terms.

"We're here! And we brought a house warming present." Remus called as he and Camille entered the flat, two potted plants in their hands.

"Plants? You know, gifts don't usually require work." Sirius pointed out making Nadia glare his way as she rushed over to accept the plants and put them at the small table by the window.

"Oh shut it! Thank you guys, I appreciate this. They'll probably be quite useful too." Nadia sent a small smile to both Remus and Camille as she set the second pot down by the window while Sirius looked at her curiously.

"How so?" He asked. While he may not have been the worst at herbology he was quite happy when he was allowed to drop it in his sixth year. He found it boring, so now he wasn't even sure what it was their friends had brought over.

"Well dittany has quite a lot of healing properties. And do you know what Muggles often use wormwood for?" Nadia asked with an amused smile on her face, already making a couple of people around her laugh such as Lily, Konstantin and Camille who already knew what she was about to say.