Chapter Forty Two

"I told you! I told you! I told you!" Lily exclaimed, repeatedly hitting James on the chest as the two of them walked through the door of Nadia and Sirius' apartment, the hosts standing to the side, unable to hide their smiles of amusement

"I told you! I told you! I told you!" Lily exclaimed, repeatedly hitting James on the chest as the two of them walked through the door of Nadia and Sirius' apartment, the hosts standing to the side, unable to hide their smiles of amusement. Smiles which could easily be seen on the faces of their friends who crowded around the living room.

"Oh come on, how could I know? This is Sirius we're talking about!" James tried to defend himself which only resulted in a lot of laughter and yet another hit on the chest from his wife. "Padfoot, why? I mean really? A penguin suit?" James now turned to look at his best friend with an accusatory look in his eyes.

"James, it's Christmas." Nadia was the one who answered the question as she fixed him with a pointed glance, her words coming out as if the answer was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh he's aware, it's just that 'This is a Sirius Black celebration! You never have to dress up for a Sirius Black celebration, you just have to bring the Firewhiskey.'" Lily imitated the voice of her husband as she walked forwards, sending him a teasing smile as she passed by him before refocusing on Nadia and Sirius once she reached them. "Merry Christmas!" She exclaimed soon after, throwing her arms around the couple in a happy hug which they gladly returned as they too spoke their well wishes.

"Come on, let's join the others." Nadia announced once their exchange of hugs had ended and she and Lily started to make their way to the seating area where everyone else was waiting. However, behind them it soon became aware they shouldn't have turned their backs.

"So we're letting James in even though he's not dressed properly? I think Hogwarts has taught us differently." Sirius commented in a teasing tone, and turned to laugh at his best friend who sent him a sharp glare before charging towards him making Sirius rush past Nadia and Lily into the living room while James chased after him.

"James! Careful with the presents!" Lily scolded after him while all Nadia could do was shake her head at them. She hoped their little theatrics wouldn't rattle Tybalt who had finally calmed down and fell asleep on the sofa. Ever since they had put up the Christmas tree, it had been quite a feat to keep the cat away from it. If he got startled by the two running idiots she couldn't even imagine the mess he might create.

Walking into the living room, all four were quick to take seats with Sirius and Nadia occupying their previous spots on the sofa beside Marlene and Peter while James and Lily nestled themselves into one of the armchairs together, but not before wishing the rest of their friends a merry Christmas and exchanging hugs with the rest of the group.

"Okay, so now that everyone is here..." Marlene left her sentence open ended as she smiled impatiently, her eyes glancing around the group who was quick to catch on to what she meant.

"We can open the presents!" Peter was the one to continue her claim, just in case nobody understood what she was alluding to. The excited looks on their faces made their friends laugh in amusement.

Tenebrous ❆ Sirius Black [2]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara