Chapter Twenty Five

"Might as well just burn down the whole wing

"Might as well just burn down the whole wing. We'll never get the smell out!" Nadia said with a scrunched up face, doing her best not to act childish by pinching her nose as she and Eloise made their way to the lounge.

St. Mungo's had been in an uproar for most of the day because of the sudden outbreak of Stinkitus, and even the trainees had their hands full with helping contain it. Eloise had been more than happy to put Nadia to the task of curing the afflicted and the Volkov was glad to be doing something again after taking a week long break from working. A break forced upon her by Eloise of course.

"Eight hundred Stink Pellets. Honestly, sometimes I'm not too pleased with the Daily Prophet either but come on, just change your news source. Read the Quibbler or something." Eloise grumbled in distaste as she pulled off her white coat which had by now very much soaked up the foul stench.

Nadia found herself laughing at the suggestion shot out into empty space. Nobody really knew why Caractacus Phelps had chosen to drop all of those Stink Pellets from the roof of the Daily Prophet building in London, but it ensured his name would by followed by many swears in the days to come.

On their way through the main lobby of the hospital, the two witches were privy to a commotion as one large family filed through the front doors. While Eloise couldn't help but look at them curiously, wondering what may have happened to bring the whole family to a hospital, Nadia's eyes widened. She would recognize those red heads anywhere. Taking a detour from her original path, Nadia made her way over to their group, and Eloise chose to follow. Coming closer the Head Mediwitch was now becoming aware of the two familiar faces among the crowd, she had tended to their scrapes often enough to recognize the ginger haired twins.

"Fabian? Gideon? What's going on? What happened?" Nadia asked worriedly as she reached them, making both Prewetts and many of the Weasleys look in her direction.

"Charlie here thought it would be fun to play with fire." Gideon let out an amused chuckle as he pointed to his nephew who stood by Fabian's side, his right hand wrapped up in a wet cloth as he waited for his mother to finish speaking with the Mediwitch behind the front desk.

"And what would possess you to do that Charlie?" Nadia asked with a kind smile on her face as she kneeled down to be on the same level with the six year old. Had Gideon not said he was the one who was hurt, Nadia never would have guessed it from his calm composure, there was even a happy gleam in his eyes despite it all.

"Well I was helping Fred and George blow out their candles. It's their birthday today. But the curtain caught fire..." Charlie said sheepishly, making Nadia let out a small laugh at his words.

"You should have been more careful Charlie, this could've ended much worse." Arthur scolded from his spot beside his wife, overhearing the conversation that was taking place behind them.

"Can I see?" She asked, extending her hand to the boy, her eyes glancing down to his wrapped up hand. Charlie didn't hesitate as he removed the cloth and showed her the red and blistered skin.