Chapter Thirty Nine

Sirius appeared in the hallway of the building, right in front of the door of his flat, a remnant of a smile still remaining on his face from when he had parted ways with James, Remus and Peter

Sirius appeared in the hallway of the building, right in front of the door of his flat, a remnant of a smile still remaining on his face from when he had parted ways with James, Remus and Peter. Having spent the day with his friends, Sirius had fun, but now he was eager to get home. He most likely wouldn't admit it out loud, not wanting to sound sappy or cheesy, but even in the short time they had been apart, he already missed Nadia.

Walking into the flat, Sirius found it to be completely quiet. His eyes searched through the area, ignoring the eruption of meows that sounded off once Tybalt noticed his arrival. For a couple of moments he was left to wonder where Nadia could be, but when hearing shuffling coming from the sofa in the living room he soon got his answer. Once he walked over, he found her sleeping, her head propped up on the armrest over which her hair fell in waves.

A smile came onto his face as he looked down at her. He set his jacket aside, moving as quietly as possible. For the first time in a while, she looked completely calm and Sirius didn't want to disturb her. However, while in his mind her serenity meant that she must've been having a dreamless sleep, what Nadia was experiencing was quite the opposite of that.

"Shush it you attention seeking ball of fur." Sirius whispered in a scolding tone as he fixed Tybalt, who continued to meow, with a pointed look. However, the cat seemed to only increase the volume as he ran into the hall where his food was usually kept. "Alright, alright. I'm coming." Sirius mumbled with a shake of his head, rushing after Tybalt before he climbed on top of something or crashed something; as he tended to do when he wanted something.

Moving around, Sirius picked up the bowl from the floor, ready to head into the kitchen to pour Tybalt's food into it. However, as he moved, a sudden scream coming from the living room made Sirius drop the object from his hands as he rushed back to Nadia who was now sitting up on the sofa, her frantic eyes scanning her surroundings.

"Are you alright? What happened?" Sirius questioned as he reached her side, his hand settling on her shoulder, however the touch made the Russian jump in surprise as she hadn't been aware that he was home. "It's okay, it's okay. It's just me love." Sirius reassured her as soon as her wide eyes turned to him. But while on many other occasions, seeing Sirius managed to calm Nadia down, this time it sent her into even more of a panic as she jumped from the sofa forcing his hand to fall from her shoulder.

"Nadia what's going on? What happened?" Sirius questioned as he stood after her, his eyes following her every move as she seemed to search for her wand, unaware of the fact that it lay on the kitchen counter. Thinking it may calm her down, Sirius moved to take it and hand it to her just as she started to reply.

"I had a dream, clear and vivid." Nadia announced as she turned to him, giving out a sigh of relief as she grabbed her wand from his hand. Sirius opened his mouth, ready to ask what it was that she had seen and what they should do about it, but knowing it would be the question, Nadia beat him with the answer already forming on her lips. "I saw Regulus; I saw him die."