15 Trivia Facts

1. When I started Runaway Horse, I didn't plan to add Carter. It was originally going to be a survival story, and there was only going to be one book.

2. While I was writing all three books, and Flaming Hearts, I added many loose ends. I am aware they exist- I put them there so that I had options for sequels and plot twists ;)

3. I can not even read Runaway Horse because of spelling, grammar, and how factually inaccurate it is.

4. In On Our Own, there was a brief period where I planned for Serenity to die after getting shot.

5. I also had a point where I planned for Taylor to get shot.

6. Or Carter.

7. Or Ezhno *gasps*

8. My inspiration for Runaway Horse was very, very weird. When I was in 8th grade, one of my teachers said you couldn't survive if you were stranded while being a vegetarian. So, I decided to write a book where the main character was vegetarian and had to survive in the wild. But, over time I changed my mind and made her have to survive with a horse. And a dog. Then I added Carter.

9. Troy wasn't originally meant to go psycho or be related to Jones. Originally, he was supposed to be the picture perfect boyfriend. Then Ariel would realize she was in love with Colton and break his heart. And there was going to be a big blowout fight when they were home alone with lots of crying and yelling. Then Ariel and him were going to kiss and Colton would walk in. Then Ariel would lose both of them and be on her own for a while to figure out what she wanted. In the end, she'd choose Colton.

10. Taylor wasn't supposed to be pregnant. Do you remember that little orphan she kept worrying about near the beginning of the book? Her and Carter were going to adopt it.

11. At some point during Breaking Free, I originally planned for Taylor and Carter to have a huge fight and break up. (At this point in planning, I hadn't even thought of Clint and her parents not being dead etc.) She was going to stay with Joy, and there was going to be a part where Carter was standing outside, banging on the door begging Taylor to come out and talk to him.

12. I never really planned for Ariel to exist. But then, I decided I wanted to write a spinoff, so I created her.

13. I originally planned for Taylor to have her leg amputated in On Our Own

14. There is a girl in one of my classes named Taylor Jones. And I always think that she's the child of Ariel and Troy, and Ariel named her kid after her sister. It's scary. (I know, it's random, but whatever)

15. I almost made Carter die in Breaking Free after getting shot. Had that happened, Ariel would not exist, and there would be a fourth book about Taylor trying to move on.

A/N

Hey guys! I just felt like writing out this list! Imagine how different things would be if I did some of these things!