14.

***Jason's P.O.V****

It was too much for me to take in. I had a daughter. I was a father to a four year old. Not just that but she had no clue that I was her father.  For her Jacob was her father.

I felt like I would pass out at any point from stress or happiness that had to be figured out.

I looked at the two people that were sitting in front of me and I could tell that they were nervous about the whole issue too.

It was true that they had bought her up. They were the parents that she had known her entire life. They had been there to see her take her first step, say her first word. And I had missed everthing.

This was one of those moments where I regretted making that mistake.

I saw this as an opportunity to make amends. I would be the best father I could. And maybe even a friend to Cass.

I'll not lie, I wanted to be more that a friend. I wanted to my life back. I wanted to have my family back, my wife and my daughter. But I knew that it was too later for that.

I didn't want to create more problems for anyone. I just wante to be happy again.

I might not like Jacob, but I couldn't blame him for my situation. I was in this situation only because of myself, and maybe Cass did deserve someone better that me and maybe Jacob was that someone.

Taking a breath I said, "I know and you'll forever be her father But she's my daughter too and I've already missed so much but I want to be in her life now I want her to know me".

"But you do understand that we can't just tell her this thing out of nowhere right?"

I nodded.

"Maybe you could start spending time with her, get to know her a little and the we could tell her?"

"You're right Cass" I smiled at her.

"And I'm sorry, I really am for everthing that I did. You have no idea how much I regret it every single day".

"It's okay Jason. I forgive you. I forgave you a long time back. We had outgrown each other and thats okay there was no point in shrinking ourselves to be the people that we used to be. The memories might have existed but the people we were didn't exist anymore. And it was better for both of us to let go. The only thing that I felt upset about was the fact that you didn't come to me, if you would have told me how you felt maybe things would have ended differently".

I didn't know what to say. She was right.  I lost her the moment I cheated on her. Cassandra had not only been my wife but also my friend of many years. I knew her very well. I knew how she felt about someone cheating on their partener. And still I did it.

No matter how much I hated myself for doing it but there was nothing that could be done now.

"It could have. But I was an idiot. I messed up and I know it. But I still want us to try to to friends for our daughter. I promise you I'd be the best father to her"

Jacob looked about ready to say something probably sarcastic but didn't.

She just smiled at me in return. And it was a sincere smile.