13.

*** Jacob's P.O.V***

When the door bell rang, I nearly had a heart attack. As much as I didn't want to do it, as much as I wanted Sarah to be my bood I knew she wasn't and that this was the right thing to do.

I knew that this wouldn't change anything for me, she was still is and will always be my daughter. I loved her like one and I always will. But the truth still remained that Jason was her biological father and keep that away from him and her would be wrong.

So here I am sitting in the living room of my house, with my wife by my side and the father of my daughter sitting in front of us, about to tell him that he had a four year old daughter. Who the world thought was mine.

I was a ball of nerves. And the situation was anyways really akward. And as much as I wanted yo say something the words just wouldn't come out of my mind.

So Cass began to speak.

"Jason we're so happy that you could make it. It means a lot to us".

"Of course, was there sometjing you wanted to talk about?"

This was it.

"Well, yes. You know after we got divorced and I went to Italy?"

The guy was confused, he had no idea what was comming his way. He said nothing so Cass continued.

"Well, I came to your office that day to tell you something or more like surprise you" she took a breath I knew it was hard for her.

I just squeezed her hand to let her know I was there for her.

"But then I saw you and..and I just went back home and..well you know the rest that happened".

"Yeah, and?" Now he speaks.

"Well Jason you see, I wanted to tell you that I was pregnant and--"

"You were what!".

If it wasn't for the seriousness of the situation I would have nearly laughed at his expresion.

"I was pregna--"

"Yeah, I heard you the first time. But I mean how?"

She rolled her eyes at that.

"I think you know how"

He just was too shocked to even respond.

"So,did you keep the child?"

"I did"

"And you didn't bother to tell me about my baby?"

"You think I didn't want to?"

"Pretty much, you would have told me otherwise".

Jason actually had the nerve to say this. But I knew I had to let her do this on her own.

"Well, I'm sorry but I thought that you were happy with your life and your assistant and wouldn't be too happy to know about a baby that would only be a burden to you."

"The baby wouldn't be a burden. You should have told me. I deserved to know".

"You did. But I didn't trust you".

"Didn't trust me?" The assole asked raising his voice.

"Yes Jason. I couldn't let that baby grow up with a father like you. A father who cheats on his wife. What guarantee did I have that you would stick by us and now walk out of our lives anytime you found a new girl?"

He looked defeated.

He sighed "You should have still told me"

"I know and I'm sorry that. I wanted to but when I saw you with your assistant when the divorce was getting finalised I thought tgat it would be better this way"

"You thought wrong"

"Was it a boy or a girl?"

"A girl. Her name is Sarah."

"When can I meet her"

She looked at me and this is when I decided to speak up. Finally.

"Jason the thing is we haven't told her about you yet. We wanted to tell you first."

"And even though you are her father Jake's the father she has know throught her existence. And she sees him as her father. We want you to undertand that it is going to be hard for her"

"And also just because you're in the picture now dosen't change the fact that she is my daughter. I've loved her as my own ever since she was born and I will continue to,till my death breath".