Chapter 6

The faces grinned as they emerged from the shadows like a 1920's era cartoon; complete with perfectly aligned smiles and massive eyes, manically happy and threatening at the same time. I always found something creepy about these vintage cartoons, the nightmares they provoked in younglings unlucky enough to be subjected to such demented delights.

The distant world was advancing towards us like a conveyor belt, the trees walking towards me. Nothing left or arrived but there was constant motion all the same. From Andrew's point of view, the world had changed into a living breathing nightmare.

Instead of panicking, Andrew simply withdraws a joint from a specific pouch in his shirt, and places it in his mouth, lights it and takes a deep slow inhale. There was nothing else to do but let this hallucination pass. Just wait until Ron returns to find his captive released and enjoying the show.

Settling in, he notices movement breaking rank from the living forest, and I see it as well. Appearing from the darkness were a half dozen large goats that formed a line towards the fire. Like a marching parade, they trotted out in perfect formation, their gait in unison, their eyes glowed bright yellow tracks in the air.

The flames erupt in size violently, as if it was being stoked by the goats; complete with its very own fiery eyes and mouth, leaving trails of flame that reached out.

With another exhale Andrew turns his head towards a light moving in and out of view behind the wall of dead branches.  A dark figure raises it up it up to show the curvy outline of a woman wearing a white dress.  As the shape neared, the tattered head of a white rabbit was seen staring back.

Andrew was unalarmed as the black beady eyes starred as she moved closer to the ring of leaping goats.

He was trying to sound casual, "Hello beautiful, aren't you a mirage in this world desert. But are you real? On second thought, don't tell me, I would hate to spoil this."

She makes her way up to the fire, sets her lantern down and moves our way; the goats never breaking formation. With one hand Andrew draws another drag, more for a show of confidence than anything while the fingers of his right hand rest on the sheathed blade, now hidden in his belt.

"Not the chatty type are you? That's ok sweetheart, no need for words." Offering the smoke he follows with, "Want any? You an angel or a devil? Something tells me you like to have a good time, even if it is a bit naughty for a lady in white."

White Rabbit spreads her fingers into the air and the fire raises up higher, at least ten feet. With the knife held high the goats slow down to a slow trot, the drugs still converting this as a blur of movement.

Rabbit slides the blade underneath one shoulder strap to sever it and moves to the next; the dress dropping to the ground and curvy shape revealed. Walking within a few feet of Andrew she makes a low grunting animal noise that draws a single goat out of formation and trots by her side slowly towards us.

There are not many things that make Andrew feel uncomfortable but I could tell that in this moment he felt unable to control the world around him. The drugs were keeping him from being as sharp as he needed to be in this situation.

"You got them trained pretty good there lil bunny,  I wonder if you could teach me a trick like that.  You look like you're as ready to play as I am."

A nervous laugh rolls out while Rabbit stops just inches from him, her eyes hollow and dark set in the loosely stitched mask. The fur looked authentic, some areas matted, others with crusty yellow staining. It was worn, used, it had a history, this wasn't her first time wearing it out on a hot date.

Stepping right over Andrew's punctured leg she slowly lowers herself compromisingly on top of him. Wrapping one arm around his neck Rabbit pulls herself over his middle, straddling him.  While perched, she quickly thrusts her blade into the tree right next to his head.

Andrew moves quick enough to avoid being impaled while raising his own steel but she pivots her weight on the arm while she moaned playfully through the mask. Inching her mask up to him she slowly rocks her head back and forth as if to say no.

He attempts a quick move up but with another overpowering push he is back to the ground.  Between the drugs, blood loss, and exhaustion the sky is full of swirling color, the trees still walking towards us from the moving escalator in the background. The glowing eyed goats still danced around the flames.

Andrew no longer cared, he was just along for the ride now. As Rabbit's head filled the view of the psychedelic sky I can feel her hands running their way to Andrew's belt which she unclips followed by firm tug down on his drawers.

"Take off the mask baby..." I hear Andrew whisper as Rabbit starts to sway up and down on him. She simply shakes her head in response while easing him in slowly.

The world around him had become a wavy nightmare of contorted horrors but none of it mattered any longer, he was seduced and was no longer listening to his survival instincts.  I feel like an intruder and wonder the purpose of experiencing this?  I looked away as best as I could to anything; the walking trees, dancing flame, or even galivanting parade of goats.

Getting centered in my own trance I start to hear a roar building around me. The faintest of chimes beginning to echo in my ears. Then a click, a quick disconnect and feeling of release. Like an optometrist flipping between different lenses, the second option comes into focus.  I am no longer lying on the ground. Standing on my own two legs and no longer living inside my brother's drug and sex infested mind.

Had I separated from simply deciding to to do so, had I been able to do this the entire time? I remember Ron's words concerning using my thoughts to create action, the law of attraction on performance enhancers. Somehow it was all governed by energy, a force that could be harnessed and controlled once tapped into.

I glance back at the lovebirds in time to see Rabbit place the tip of the blade under the skin of Andrews stomach. With slight pressure she pokes the long tip of the blade just under the surface of the skin, a bead of blood to emerging from the wound.

"Fuck, be careful there baby..." He pants.

Relieved to no longer be the awkward third wheel in Andrew's sexy time I slowly turn my attention to a slight glow in the distance but then vanishes at quickly as it came behind dark pillars. To my right I see another slight glow coming from the corner of my eye just to disappear again.

"Love it when you wear that creepy ass thing, you're so fucked up, my little sex bunny."

Still riding on top of him Rabbit reaches a hand back to a quick swing across Andrew's face, a trail of blood lighting his lips and cheek. 

"Oh yea...you better keep fucking me while you still have a cock you spineless little shit. I know what you did."

Stunned for only a moment Andrew smiles with red stained teeth, "Love it when you talk shit. What did I do baby, was I bad boy again my lil rabbit?"

Wait a fucking second, they already knew each other? Was this a planned meeting in the woods? That's how she knew to be here at this exact location... how many camping trips had he snuck off from camp or challenges to meet her?

Then it hit me, how could she know to meet him here, at this exact location? Ron was good at finding remote locations to stage his elaborate obstacles, yet she just strolled right on up like she had been planning it.

Like she had been planning this. To find him here alone and defenseless.

This realization sends a chill through me as I see the ball of light has moved even closer...

A Fury of Memory -  Villain Novella IIOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara