Cinderella Man Chapter 26

Hello everyone!

So a lot quicker than usual, I've written another Chapter! I'm determined to finish this book by the end of the year, let's hope I can. I started writing this book in 2011, I've nearly been writing it for four years! It's about time I finished this story now, I've definitely been clinging on too tight to it. 

But I hope you enjoy this update... We have offically reached wedding day dramas!! I'm very excited to write about all of this, so thereofore, I should be updating a lot quicker than I usually do!

Anyways, enough of my babbling! Let me know what you think of the chapter, please vote and comment guys!

Enjoy!

Emily’s POV

Today is my wedding day.

I feel numb. There’s no excitement, no nerves, no dread. Just nothing.

I have a team of people working frantically around me. There’s hair stylist, make-up artists, dress fitters. Everyone is here to make my big day special and I can’t even crack a smile.

Well, at least Amy’s here to keep me calm.

“Honey, you look just the same as you did a month ago before that ball of yours, did you get any sleep at all last night?” she asks as she dabs concealer under my eyes.

“No, just assume from now on that I didn’t get any sleep the night before,” I try to smile at her.

“I understand its nerves hun, but come on; today is your wedding day! There are people coming from all over the world, millions of people will be glued to their TVs or out in forces by the church, all to watch you tie the knot.”

“Yeah, that pep talk did nothing to make me feel better,” I laugh.

“Ah, there’s that smile. You just got to work to keep it on your face all day now sweetie,” she smiles as she sweeps blush over my cheekbones. All the while, I’m trying desperately to keep my hands still.

The nerves have kicked in.

I’m getting married today.

I’m committing to James forever.

We’re going to be man and wife.

I can’t do this. I can’t marry him.

I don’t love him, this is wrong.

“I can’t do this.”

Amy stops with the blusher brush resting on my cheek.

“What do you mean you can’t do this sweetie? Of course you can!” she laughs off.

“No, I mean it Amy. I can’t go through with this,” I get up and start to make my way to do the door. I need some air.

“Emily, where do you think you are going? We need to keep to schedule!” I hear my mother shout at me.

“Yeah well, I need some air,” and with that I’m out the door.

I feel sick to my stomach.

There are people waiting from all over the world to see me get married. The press have turned up in force to create memorabilia of the day. My parents are expecting me to walk down the aisle.

Right now, I can’t see that happening.

This whole wedding is a sham, a lie. I cannot stand up there in front of my country and swear my undying love for a man when it’s not true. I’m a sham.

I’m lying to millions of people, and for what? So that they’ll accept me as Queen? Claiming the throne as an unmarried woman has to be better than lying right? Surely, they would rather have me single than not at all.

So, why am I standing here today?

And then it dawns on me, I’m standing here because I made a promise. I promised my parents I would accept my crown as a married woman. I promised James I would marry him to keep his secret about his sexuality hidden from the world. I promised myself that I would become Queen.

So today, I have to marry James.

Even if it feels wrong, even if I wish I was marrying another man. I have given my word, and my word I shall keep.

“Don’t feel bad honey, we’ll just call it wedding day jitters,” Amy laughs, looking relieved to have me sitting back in the chair, “every bride gets them. Believe me; you should have seen me on my wedding day. I thought I was either going to faint, puke or pee in front of all my family and friends! Luckily, the most I did was stumble down the aisle and believe me that’s far less embarrassing than soiling yourself in public.” Even on a day like today, Amy can still make me feel better.

“Okay, well let’s hope none of the above will happen to me today.”

“Of course they won’t, and even if they do you will still look amazing. You could walk down that aisle in a bin bag and they would still call it genius.”

I smile and take a sip of my champagne while also stuffing strawberries in my mouth. Sometimes, it’s nice to be pampered.

“Okay, my work here is done sweetie. Sandra will be here in a second to do your hair so just sit back, have another gulp of that champagne and try not to think too much,” Amy winks at me as she starts to pack away her supplies.

“Thank you Amy, seriously you’re amazing. I’ll see you at the wedding okay; I’ll be the one in white.” Amy laughs and kisses me on the cheek before swooping out the room.

Okay now I can sit back and I can have another gulp of champagne, but I can’t help myself from thinking too much.

I wonder what Sam is doing today. Is going to come to the wedding or refuse the invitation? Is he going to bring a date?

Even thinking about that makes me feel queasy enough to down the rest of my champagne. I can’t imagine him having a date to my wedding, it wouldn’t feel right. Even if it is my wedding and therefore would have no right feeling jealous, I can’t help but be.

“Emily, there’s some woman here to see you? She says that you need to hear what she has to say. Should I send her away?” my mother’s assistant asks me.

Now, usually it’s dangerous to entertain the public this way, especially on a day like today. But with a glass of bubbly in me and a curiosity burning in the back of my mind, I can’t help but follow her from the room and to my visitor.

Standing by the door, is a small brunette girl, shifting nervously as she stares only at her feet. I’ve never seen this girl before in my life.

“Hello, do I know you? How did you make it through the gates?” I ask curiously. Finally she looks up at me and smiles in awe.

“Oh my god, it’s actually you. This is amazing!” she squeals. I have to cover my ears to block the noise out.

“Sorry, who are you?”

“Oh yeah sorry, my name’s Ashley. I got past the guards with this,” she smiles as she holds up an invitation to my wedding, an invitation with Sam’s name on it.

“How did you get this?” I ask, removing it from her hand to look at it. I signed this one personally, wanting it to be special.

“I was at his apartment when your uncle Derek dropped it off for him, I’m Sam’s plus one,” she smiles happily at me. So Sam is bringing a date. The mention of it makes me catch my breath and rage to build inside of me. How dare she come here to flaunt her relationship with Sam in my face!

“And may I ask what exactly you are doing here?” I smile, trying my hardest to remain polite.  

“Well basically, I’m here to knock some sense into you.”