Cinderella Man Chapter 19

Please don't hate me!

I know this has taken me forever to write, but once again my life had managed to get hectic... I hate six form!

Anyways, even though it's taken me far too long to write it, the next chapter is finally here!

I hope you all enjoy it, it's full of drama!

Thank you all for your support on this book so far, I really appreciate it! Please vote and comment like you are so amazing at! It literally makes me so happy!

Enjoy :)

Emily's POV

Today's the day I have to tell Sam about James. I want him to be the first to know, I want him to hear it from me.

I don't want him to walk past a newspaper tomorrow and it be the front news story. When he finds out my choice of husband, it has to come from me.

I just hope it goes okay. But I can see it now, the look of sadness that will cross his face when he finally realises that it's true, that I have to get married. I'm going to have to stop myself from reminding him that it could have been him, that he could be the person that I spend the rest of my life with.

I'm going to have to stop myself from begging him to be the one that I marry, from demanding that he gets over his fear and becomes my husband. I know that no matter what I say or do, I'm going to have to marry James. Sam's not going to accept this life, and I'm going to have to come to terms with that.

I just really wish that it could be him.

I'm sitting on my bed, watching as story after story appears on the news. It's all death and destruction and it saddens me. There's rarely a happy story on the news.

That's when I see the latest new story.

'Royal Engagement!'

No, please god no!

The news reporter starts her story.

"Princess Emily has announced her engagement to famous socialite James Logan! The announcement came from the Palace earlier this morning with the official announcement being made later this afternoon."

My heart stops, no I'm not ready yet!

How do they know?! My statement wasn't meant to appear until tomorrow, I had a day left!

There's only one person who could have made this announcement before I was ready...and I'm about to give her hell.

I stalk downstairs, taking two steps at a time to get there quicker. I see her standing by the balcony window when I walk into the living room.

"I was waiting for you to make an appearance, the cameras will want to see you soon," my mother states with her back still facing me.

I can't speak, I'm officially in shock. She doesn't see what she's done, does she? She doesn't see how this will change everything, how this will effect me. I wanted to tell Sam first, I don't want him to find out this way.

Finally she turns to face me.

'Don't look at me like that Emily, it was about time this announcement was made," she sighs out of exasperation. Her eyes show no sympathy, they show nothing. She doesn't care how I feel.

When did my mother become so heartless? When did she start to not care about her daughter's feelings? This is crazy, she should have waited.

"I had a day left, you promised me that my announcement didn't have to be made until tomorrow!" I shout at her.