Cinderella Man Chapter 15

Hello my beauty's, how's life treating you?

I'm in the middle of moving right now, so I've found it hard to find time to write whilst all the packing is going on. I'm convinced if my mum saw me on the computer right now instead of packing up the room, I would be slaughtered... She's on a rampage!

Well anyways...here is the next chapter! I'm try to make it as interesting as possible, but I'm not sure if I succeeded.. You'll have to let me know!

Which brings me to that beautiful little button on the right there... You see it? It says vote! Please, I physically love it when that button gets clicked! It makes me have a joker sized smile :)

Also, the comments physically make my day, so keep them rolling in!

Okay, I'm blabbering... So I'll let you get on and read!

Enjoy :)

Emily's POV

I keep thinking about what James said. I keep running over those three little words again and again until I can feel my brain shutting down.

"How about me?"

He offered to stand by my side and face my world with me, he offered to be there and support me. Something Sam didn't.

I keep thinking about the fact that right now, James seems like my best option.

At least this way I get to marry someone I love, even if it is just as a friend. At least this way I know who the guy is and I know him well. At least this way I'm not marrying a stranger.

And it works well for James too.

He gets to play the role he was brought up for; the role of the loving husband to a high class citizen, and no one is more high class than my family. It also provides him with the ideal cover up to his real preference when it comes to relationships, which unfortunately for the whole of the female population, isn't our team.

I can't think of any flaws to this plan, except for the fact that we couldn't provide the country with an heir. James doesn't want me that way and I don't want him either. It wouldn't feel right to be with him in that way, even if the soul reason for it was to provide the country with a next in line.

So the family of direct royals in my bloodline would end with me, and after my death, we would have to find someone else to fill the spot.

But that's not my problem, that's another generations.

I have no other choice; it seems James is truly my only decent option.

I just never thought that I would be saying that.

Now that I have made my decision on who will take the throne with me, I must tell my parents. I have five days left until they expect an answer, five days left of peace.

After that, the chaos will truly begin.

Wedding plans will be underway.

Dresses will be chosen, colour schemes picked. Announcements will be made and public appearance scheduled.

I won't have a second to think about the life I am choosing for myself, but maybe that's a good thing. If I can't think about it, than I can't imagine that all the arrangements were being made with someone else by my side.

I won't have a minute to think of Sam standing beside me picking colour schemes instead of James. I won't get a chance to imagine it was Sam wearing the suit instead of James. I won't get a second to imagine it the way I wish it was.

And most importantly, I won't have a chance to imagine what Sam will be thinking when he sees the engagement announcement.

Will he be upset that I went with the man that my mother suggested for me, the man that in his eyes was much more suited to the role that I wanted him to have?